Do you want us to lose out for better draft pick?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 25, 2013.

?
  1. Yes, I want Titans to lose for better draft pick.

6.1%
  2. No, I want the Titans to WIN!

93.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Step 1: Getting to the playoffs
    Step 2: Winning every game once we get there

Work towards Step 1 until its impossible.

I want a new QB as bad as anyone but whos to say we are even going to get what we want, when we draft them?

How many playoff appearances with VY? How many with Locker? Want me to go down a list of failed "high draft pick will save our franchise" failures?

Thinking that we are going to "pick the QB of the future with a higher draft pick" is nice, but it doesnt make it reality. If we can get our **** together and do something this season, even if we squeeze in, ill take that any day of the week over relying on a draft pick to save our franchise.

I know that everyone many have come to the conclusion that a new coach will make people not fumble, not make mistakes, not get overpowered and humiliated by most Dlines.... but Id LOVE to wake up one weekend and say "Hell yea... Titans payoff game today.. not much of a chance BUT WE ARE HERE"

That being said.... we did not beat a good team. We play Denver in two weeks and Im expecting another 49ers type game but hey.... **** happens every week. We could go on a run at the right time.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Same here. Apathetic sums it up perfectly.

I certainly don't want to lose out for a draft pick, since we typically blow our 1st round picks anyway. But what I would hate to see is for this staff to do "just enough" to get another year. I hope Tommy Boy sticks to Bud's wishes of "playoffs or bust". We're going nowhere with this staff.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alzarius

Munch is not getting fired at the end of this season. Everyone needs to go ahead and accept that.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Actually we have 5 hard games left. Denver, Arizona and then three teams who have already kicked our butts once this year.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

What makes you so sure?

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

And the Titans will not look for a new starting QB, or backup QB, this offseason. People also need to accept this.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Texans didn't "kick our butts". Neither did the Jags.

8. Alzarius

Because of the level of improvement of this team once we invested in some talent.

And look at our horrible oline. I do think its possible that the office forces Munch's hand and we find some top oline coach, if we feel that will improve our offensive line. However from last year, to this year, its two different teams.

The same way that people say "well another coach will get more out of _______", the same reasoning can be made for "look, we got more talent for Munch & Co, and if we can get more talent, they can improve even more"

Oh.. and dont forget... we did this "without a QB". The case can easily be made that if we get a capable QB, then this team can play and do a lot better. If Fitz plays like he did this past Sunday the rest of the year (very unlikely), we will win more games and it will only strengthen the case that getting more talent and especially stability at QB, can make this team a contender.

You cant blame the coaches for everything, and not give them credit for the good. (rational business men with winning in mind cant, especially when considering $$$) Sure, a few pissed off fans can point the finger at Munch and blame him for everything, but they are just flat out wrong. (And thats NOT saying hes a "good" or "bad" coach)

It just points out that if you get better talent, then you can get better results.

If this team remains the same, how can we upgrade it?

QB - without a doubt... NEED

DT - because every team wants 2 stud DT's

DE - See above

MLB - Although I believe Fokou will be here next year, and we draft one late unless one falls to us and we groom

Tackle - need one, maybe two

What I am saying, is that its the truth. If we had someone besides Reynaud/Wiggles, we win 2-3 more games this year. If we had Hunter in instead of Britt, we win at least one more. We are a few "player errors" from Munch being talked about for being credited for a huge turnaround in TN.

Keep in mind, I am not saying that we DONT need a new coach. However unless a big name comes to us, I dont see them making the change when they inherited the team midseason and a case can easily be made that if some of our scrubs were not scrubs, we would be leading this division.

9. Alzarius

I agree, but just like the Munch haters, I am hopeful. Sadly I do not see them drafting a QB high this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alzarius

See you see it this way, but you can easily make a case for them to be wins.

Britt catches an easy pass? We beat Houston

Wiggles doesnt cough up the ball, we beat Indy

We dont have 30020342034 turnovers, we beat the jags (we beat them in every statistical category, sadly, that included turnovers)

All of those games are winnable and we can beat each of those teams.

We are going to need Denver to choke on us though. We dont have the talent or coaching to beat them unless they flop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar