Do you think you are Fit?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big TT, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I put this in smack just to get your attention. Anyone in the Nashville area that wants to find out just how fit he or she is come and find out at the Du Run Run Sunday (Father's Day) at MetroCenter. 2 mile run, 11.5 mile bike, finishing with another 2 mile run. All you need is a bicycle, helmet and running shoes and the ablility to suffer.:grrhee: And if you really think you got "it" June 23rd in McMinnville is a sprint Triathalon, 350 meter swim, 15.5 mile bike, 5K run.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

hardest thing to do is the swim especially if you don't swim much or have a place to practice. There was a nice article on Triathalons in the paper this past Wednesday.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

My knees would hate all that running. My knees suck.

4. Big TT

Yeah, I agree, I have been doing tri's for about 4 years now. The first one I didn't put much training into the swim, it was a 1000 meter swim, I remember really thinking that I might drown that day, not kidding.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I could do the Father's Day event if I didn't have to work. But forget the Triathalon. I'd drown.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yeah... sniff... if I didn't have to spend Happy Pappy day with the kids...

7. Big TT

My child and wife will be there to watch and cheer...it is my day after all.:yes:

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So much for my excuse.

:doh:

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Man I always wanted to do a triathalon I'm in pretty dayum good shape I think I'm going to get into a few small ones over the summer and work up to bigger ones.

Good luck Big TT.

10. Big TT

Go for it. But make sure you train for it, not just show up and give it a try. Pick a event at least 6 weeks out and swim, ride and run as much as you can, say 5-10 hours a week with about half of it being on the bike, then maybe split the run and swim evenly with the rest of the time. Also, try to throw in a couple of weight session per week for strength. And oh yeah, wear a helmet. If you want more advice, pm me. Just one more thing, make one of the work out per week a "brick", that is where you combine two of the events and do them back to back with only say 5 minutes between them. So do a bike ride of say 15-20 miles then a 3 mile run. BTY it is called a brick because for the first mile that is what your legs feel like.:grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar