Do You Think We Turn Things Around Enough To Field A Winning Team In 2013?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree with this.

Improve the offensive line, our entire offense is a lot better. (which improves the defense)
    Improve the defensive line, the entire defense is better.

We have 7 draft picks and a lot of money. 2 key FA's, 2 hits on the draft, were a much better team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

This is the NFL. I'll bet you the Rams were bigger underdogs going into 1999 than we will be going into 2013. Crazy things happen. We could be great next year. I would use the Colts of 2012 as an example, but they tanked 2011 on purpose with the suck for Luck thing.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

These are the Titans we're talking about here.. 8-8 happens. That should be our motto.. "8-8 lives here."

I remember Jay Leno talking about the Super bowl in 1999... he said the first superbowl with two teams nobody cares about, or something like that.

He was right, but luckily it was a great game. The nation doesn't want to see the Titans or teams like the Rams be successful. We're right in the mediocre place we belong, as far as ESPN and most of the country is concerned.

4. Alzarius

Time to tell ESPN and the country to suck it.

The one, and ONLY playoff matchup i even care about this year will be the Broncos vs the Pats.

5. nickmsmith

GO Pats, Colts, Ravens, Bengals and any NFC team.

SUCK IT to Denver and Houston. May you both lose in humiliating fashion.

I would also be rooting against the Steelers or vaGiants if they had made it in.

6. Alzarius

Pats are kind of like Bama for me. I can TRY to cheer for them, but 15 minutes later, I come around. I just dont like them.

I really despise the Pats.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Like many others, my opinion on this depends on who are the coordinators next year. If it's Loggains and Gray, we're screwed. I'll feel better with Moore or someone else over Loggains. I have a feeling Gray may stick. This, combined with some decent FA signings and draft picks, and think we can be anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6.

8. nickmsmith

I'll root for anyone that isn't a Manning, Steelers, or Texans. Pats haven't won in awhile.. I won't cheer for the Pats... but I'll certainly root against the aforementioned teams vs. them.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I love rooting against Bama, and I'm not even sure why, not like I'm an LSU fan or anything.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

For us to be relevant:

#1 - Interior OL must be fixed
    #2 - New OC and DC
    #3 - New starting SS
    #4 - Health
    #5 - Jake Locker must produce (will help if we get a competent OC)
    #6 - We need CJ2K not CJ2YPC (really we just need CJ1.5K)

These are in no order btw. We gotta get our interior OL fixed, this needs to be done by a legit FA guard or center, followed by a 1st-3rd round guard or center. Velasco gets the other starting spot. We need to get rid of Gray and get a better DC, not sure who's out there... but anyone is better than Jerry. Demote Loggains back to QB Coach and bring in a new OC. Somebody who can tailor an offense around it's players (like what Shannahan has done for RG3, Gruden did for Dalton, etc). Babineaux most go, i'm hoping we gets replaced by a 2nd round safety. Health is huge, we have so many injuries to our OL. Britt will be back from his ACL at 100% (hopefully) and Morgan just hit 100%, those two can be difference makers). Kendall will hopefully have a breakout season, he showed some flashes. If we can just get Jake Locker going and mustard up a decent season, we can be a 9-7/10-6 playoff caliber team.

Chances that all this actually happens? Slim.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar