Do you think Randy will make the Titans better?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 3, 2010.

?
  1. Much better.

51.6%
  2. Somewhat better.

41.1%
  3. Same.

5.6%
  4. Worse.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Disaster.

1.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Pretty sure the unhappiest guy on the roster is likely Justin Gage, he just hasn't been interviewed as yet.

I like Gage as a possession guy in certain situations, but he's otherwise pretty useless at this point in his career. Until Britt comes back a Moss, Washington, Williams/Hawk tandem out there looks pretty damn good, but man when and if (please Baby Jesus !!!) Britt comes back, that should be a killer duo going deep WOW !!!!

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Gage was bound to lose his job soon enough anyways, he was our 4th best receiver, now he's our 5th. Oh well.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Same.

or worse.

I figure we'll cut him before he gets a chance to make us much worse.

4. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

I hate to be agreeing with Fisher so much lately....................but the timing could not be any better. Both Vince and Moss are in contract years. The challenges the AFC South present can only help Vince cement himself as a viable NFL QB (assuming he is able to take this team to the AFC Championship game and beyond).

We could be staring at multiple Super Bowls here. But let's not get crazy just yet.

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yeah, but the Vikes most likely would have gone 0-4 if he wasn't there. They suck.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I think much better and we now win the division and make a deep run in playoffs. I am shocked and amazed that the organization made this move. I am thrilled to no end! We are "PLAYING TO WIN THE GAME!" not playing to tie the game, or not lose the game. I commend our owner and the coach again!

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Agreed. They have NO identity on offense. Poor Peterson, stuck on a quagmire of a team.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I said much better. On the field, maybe just a little better - no way does his presence not help CJ a little bit... and we need that desperately. But I think our talented young receivers are going to learn a ton from him. He likes to help out the young guys, and I'll say it again he knows the position better than anyone else in the building.

If he doesn't ruin Young's career, which I admit is possible, he'll make Young better. I thought Randy was done after Oakland and he'd blow up the Pats. Not even close to right. He's smart. He knows no other team put in a claim. He knows if he screws this up with Fisher not many (if any) teams will take a chance again, and he's done. He'll be on his best behavior at least this year. And when that happens he's still a difference maker.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/17439/how-moss-and-johnson-can-help-each-other

Vince Young has been great overall this season with play-action passes (thank you CJ) with a 151.2 passer rating on just 29 attempts.

But since 2008, Titans wide receivers have only two more catches out of play-action that Randy Moss has by himself in the same span:

Moss has 43 catches for 862 yards and eight touchdowns on balls that average 20.9 yards in the air.

Titans wide receivers have 45 catches for 878 yards and four touchdowns on balls that average 17.1 in the air.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He's on my fantasy team. He beat the Patriots.

The man, indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar