Do you miss it???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

wtf @ iggy. His arms alone put him at 20%.

Kearse isn't at 1%, and lol at the thought of him being close. Closest he could get would be 3, and I'm doubting that. You don't "accidentally" get to 1% by doing too much cardio. To get to 1% your diet would consist of all liquids and very little of them.
    I'm sure he's cut and trimmed up, but 1% is bogus.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

3% is more realistic, and at 240, that's attainable, albeit very difficult.

3. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

3% is also weak... you cant reach below 5 without losing muscle.... heck you cant do it even in 10%

This fitness bf thing is just not functional thinking. You cant strentgh train while cardioing you butt off. You just dont recover properly so no great gains (streght or mass) can be achieved.

Its good to be lean, but c´mon! 1%! Thats just not too healthy, specially for the nfl. You need the weight to give you an edge over OLs. Otherwise you could be damm fast still be dragged around when you have to press inside gaps on runs.

Who says NFL players need stationary bikes? Or long distance running? thats not the kind of endurance a football player needs.

Cardio?
    Cardio is ok to loose fat... but what good does it make for football?

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

they need bikes = when need to warm up between series, to warm up in general, to loosen muscle cramps, to lower body after a minor injury make sure body can handle it....thats quite a bit no.......

long distance running = im not sure if ya ever played football....but trust me its all about endurence....at any level whether ur pro or amatur when u line up on the line for example if ur less endurance u will loose...ever if ya got AMAZING short distance speed, with out endurance u will eventualyl get covered, if your a LB w/ no induracne ur gonna be slower than the RB w/ much less chacne to tackle him...man running builds stama/endurance w/o running they wouldnt be able to compete for so long...i bet ya almost every player (cept K/P) can run several miles easy (maybe bit less for some OL/DL) but w/ the younger ones for sure.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Ummm, last I checked a football game lasts an hour with an average of half of that played by a full time starter. Why would endurance training not be used?

6. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Picture is from last saturday. Im 30, have been playing since 16. I also coach.

Because imo endurance training for football must be more based on high speed drills with 30 or less seconds rests.

An endurace training for football?

10 seconds of any (or a few combined) full speed drill + at max 35'' rests x the sets you say

A play lasts by average no more than seven seconds. And on a play you always run FULL SPEED. All motor units involved

All types of aerobic training last at least 20 minutes and none are full speed. Only slow twicht muscle is involved until you aproach failure (and thats a long long run unless you GPP is the one of a zoo elephant)

Football is anaerobic, so an anaerobic endurance training will be more helpfull than aerobic. Plus, long aerobic training has been shown to turn fast twicht muscle (the kind football players need more) into slow twitch muslce.

Warming up? cool, thats one thing, you name it: jumprope, calisthecnics, trendmill or stationary bike for 5'. Jumping jacks will do to, though. Anyways always a soft cardio work for no more than 5' JUST FOR WARMING UP. Thats all the cardio a football player needs imo.

BTW at HS I was the 3200m runner of my school, so enough cardio there for me. And now Im used to play BOTH ways (RG,MLB) plus speciall teams with no cardio at all other than to warm up.

I know Kearse is adviced, and works under professional coaches, but, I must be convinced by something more than a piece of paper. I stand by mi own convictions, but willing to learn anything that makes sense to me. From what I know now, thats cardio stuff must be great for posing or running more that 1600m races.

Attached Files:

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Michi is right, 1% is absolutely bogus, he wouldn't be able to do one lap without collapsing (unless he was on an IV or something). The body needs around 5% of body fat just to operate properly. And even 6-7 is probably unhealthy.
    However it could be that Kearse meant he had 1% of excess or storage fat, which probably would put his actual body fat percentage somewhere around 10.

8. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

1% is too low even for a world class bodybuilder, who will probably faint after his show.

It is ok to be lean but, 1%? No way, and doing cardio? no way neither.

You can loose fat doing speed sessions, weightlifting, plyometric works or anaerobic endurance while on an optimus diet who could let you recover while still training for gains.
    Not an easy thing though.

Still, and for ther record, I DO miss him (healthier)

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

1% is way too low...
    i don't think thats even possible...

Remember when eddie george measured in at 6% back in 98 and everyone thought that was crazy and that he needed to put on some more fat to succeed in his position..

I'm guessing the minimum for a DE should be in the 10% range when keeping in mind that his task will involove breaking free from the O-Line to reach a QB..

10. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

You're kidding, eh?:rolleyes:

Please expound. I never thought being healthy and not having fat on you could be unhealthy.

It's clear that Kearse has an astounding genetic makeup that allows him to be that lean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar