Do you locals recommend............?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Titan1216, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

I will be in Nashville December 8-12 from Texas to see the Titans play at home for my first time. Most likely we will be staying at the downtown Hilton. Our plans ( besides the game ) are to hang out at downtown Nashville on foot most of the time. But we also hope to make it to Graceland over in Memphis. So I guess my first Question is Do I need to rent a car or can we do most by foot, shuttles and cabs ?also, what places do you think I need to check out for sure. Being there only 4 days I want to see all that I can. And last question....We just got our tickets in the mail for that Dec 9th game, Row 133 row Q, What do you think ? I know 370.00 was to much to pay....but are these views good ?

Thanks
    larry

2. reo

reo Starter

If you're just hanging around downtown you can probably do most by foot. IMO its always good to have a car though... but that might just be my southern upbringing :)

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Downtown Nashville is relatively small for a "city" and pretty easily done on foot if you just want the "tourist plan".. Once up and down Broadway, 1st and 2nd, Printer's Row and you're done.. If you want some nightlife though or wanna go to West End, Vandy or Opry Mills you'll need transpo.. Public transpo sucks so get the car especially if you're going to Memphis..

That said, I'd skip Memphis (it sho ain't no Nashville) and go to the Smokies instead..:yes:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

or just being lazy. :))

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

You can get around in cabs and shuttles. When I go out of town, I always use a car service because I just feel safer. If you're going to rent a car, in a lot of cases, financially it usually balances out.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We-e-e-elll… la-de-freakin’-da!

[​IMG]

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Preach on brother Jeano.

8. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Amen to that CC! Memphis belongs to Arkansas.

You texans need to head east and see some Mountians and eat some pancakes and wrastle bears (not really). East TN is beautiful.

I would also recommend Opryland Hotel with the Christmas Decorations.

9. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

We have mountains just 2-3 hours west of us...Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, New Mexico....we go there all the time for skiing or gambling or maybe just to relax...never have seen the smokies though...wonder if they are any different ..Good ideas so far guys...please lets keep it up....I prefer to run all day and not hit the hotel each day until bud time or later.

Larry

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

New Mexico definitely has some nice mountains in the north - my family owns a lodge in Red River outside of Taos. It's like heaven up there.. Never been to the mid-southern mountains of NM..
    That said, east-coast mountains are just different than the Rockies. More deciduous than evergreen, more maple, oak and sweetgum than aspen and conifer. If you listen close you'll hear the banjos on the wind..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar