Do you get angry/frustrated because

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I get angry/frustrated solely based on the performance of the team, I did before I came to this place as well.

But by performance I don't mean the win/loss record, but how the team plays.
    I can accept losing if the team plays hard but is outplayed by a better team or just out of luck, but I can't accept losing if we're outcoached or play like we just there to collect a paycheck.

This forum is just a place to vent the frustration in a likeminded environment.

Actually I'll get mildly frustrated watching any team play poorly, just like I get ticked off by wrong calls by the official, no matter the game, but obviously it's amplified when the Titans are involved.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Think of it as a comedy, and you're money is well spent.

3. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Well...I do have money invested in 4 PSLs. As with any investment, it will have it's ups and downs. I have tried to be realistic about that part of it. I knew during the 2004 season, when we tried to hold on to many veterans but were desimated by injury, that we were in for another 2 to 3 years of the "down side". We are in it now, and I think we could have a winning season (possibly a sniff of a wildcard) next season (2007), and playoffs in 2008. Like any investment, sometimes you just gotta "ride it out".

I do agree that the idea is to talk about, discuss, share views and opinions, etc... here. I also agree that the whining a bashing is a bit much, but like I just said.... that is MY OPINION just like every single post on this board, AN OPINION. I have no problems with anyone's opinion. What I do disagree with are the posts that assert themselves as the "only correct opinion there is" and those that disagree are "idiots", "morons", etc. and are attacked. Get over it people. It is a message board.

One other note on the "investment" PSL/ticket holders have -
    The "stock" is down now. You can bail out if you choose. However, if you can afford to (or have the heart) to ride it out... that "stock" will be way up in 24 to 48 months.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I am a PSL holder.

I am frustrated because it does not appear we are on the up-swing. This is a year we should be seeing improvement in the W-L column and with on the field play. Instead, we are seeing worse defeats, worse field play, and and inordinately high number of draft busts.

I pay a premium for the PSL's/tickets. I completely appreciate and understand the "cap" concept and the cycle it brings. I am frustrated because we are not following the same pattern in the cycle that other successful franchises have (Ravens, Eagles, Pats, Colts) but due to poor management appear to be heading down the road of consistent losing franchises (Browns, Texans, Cardinals, etc.)

Maybe it is on Bud- I don't know. What I know is that I've been patient for 3 years and nothing I see tells me things are heading in a better direction. I'm tired of throwing good money after bad.

Throw me a bone.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

How in the world could a true fan, PSL owner or not not get angry or frustrated watching this team play. IMO if you don't get a little angry and frustrated I would question if you are a real fan or not. It is like you find out your wife is cheating on you. If you really love her you are going to be angry, upset. If you don't really have that love, a take or leave it attitude then whatever. It is true if you hang around message boards of a team that is fighting for the first pick in the draft there is going to be more negative than positive because there is more negative going on in the game than positive. How can you even discuss the game without being negative?
    There are some "dooms day attitude" posters but many posters are just trying to call it as they see it.
    I do understand Gunny's thoughts here. Just like everytime Chris Brown's name is mentioned there is always a negative remark about his reliability. It can get old after a while when posters always see the negative.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Man I wish CB could finish a game once in a while that guy would be an all pro if he could get a heart from the Wizard of Oz or something.

7. Because it is just football. It doesn't really affect anyone's life any more than the outcome of a TV show. It's entertainment, not life and death.

If the Titans win the Superbowl, that will be great. It will be cause for celebration. But it won't really affect my life significantly. And that goes for the vast majority of Titans fans. Bud ain't giving us a ring or a paycheck (in fact, all we're likely to get is higher ticket prices). Neither are the players. So losing doesn't really affect me all that much either. It's worthy of discussion either way, but it's hardly worth getting too worked up over.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

True, but it's not unreasonable to expect a return on your investment. I like to leave the stadium feeling good about the event- that usually happens when we're able to win. I don't like the feeling when we lose and I don't like the feeling I get regarding the direction of the team.

Get out of the kitchen if I can't take the heat? Problem is if I sell the PSL's during the low point, I lose on my investment when I purchased them. So when you hold PSL's, it really isn't as simple an issue as not getting worked up over it.

9. I just paid a lot of money for my new HDTV, but I'm not going to get too worked up over a character getting killed off on Lost...

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

this is why analogies are dangerous...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar