Do you get angry/frustrated because

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The Titans are playing bad or because of what others say here?

Now this isn't a shot on anyone here, just find this interesting.

I was just thinking before, if I wasn't on this forum I don't think i'd get frustrated with how the team is playing. I love the team and I love the sport but I am not that emotionally invested that I get angry if we lose, play bad or what not.
    I try to see the brighter side of thing. Guess I am a glass is half full type.
    I just get real s***y from the negative comments on the board and what feels like a 'doomsday' attitude some have. I do realise that losing creates a negative vibe and it is easier to be pessimistic instead of an optimistic.

But don't get me wrong, it is good people are passionate fans and all. And I do love it here, its great talking to fellow fans and I have made more friends then I have enemies ;)

I am just interested in the source of people get angry/frustrated and where their opinions are coming from.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

A lot of people here are PSL owners who have more at stake than you have.

To me, the frustration comes from knowing that we should be showing more on the field than we are, so far.
    We invest a lot of our money and time in this entertainment, to highly paid professionals, who sometimes look like they don't care enough.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

And, that's what I am.

But, I don't take it to seriously. I cheer for the team (always have (28 years), always will).

But, it's still just a game.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

no offense to Gunny or Moose4now but your not paying the ticket prices or the PSL money we had to fork out. Yeah I could just stop buying my season tickets but I have to much money invested in it. It is easy for you two to sit back and watch without the expense. Sure we get frustrated esp when we aren't seeing a return on our money/investment.

5. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I get frustrated when we give no effort and lose and when pessimists take it too far.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Oh I take offense to that.

You and me are gonna step outside and throw down.

[​IMG]

:ha:

You (and Hoffa) do make a good point though. We don't pay, I would be interested how I would react if i were a PSL holder.

7. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

I think people are just different.

I'm a half full type of guy myself. When I went to the games in Hou I was very disappointed how the team turned out after the Moon era.

Then when I lived in Nashville I went to every home game. So, I spent money just like guys who go today. But I wouldn't say I get upset because of that. If all you care about is the money, then cut your losses. It's about the team. A team that you have chosen to root for. No one forced you to root for them then, and no one forces you now. Trust me eventually you will be rewarded.

Just my two cents.

8. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

I get pissed everytime I see Schwartz's face on TV, every time I shoot him the finger...... I get pissed every time were on D its 3rd and 1 and we have 4 DL on the LOS and our LB's are 3 yrds behind our DL...

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That's not what I was saying.

Everybody cares about their money, or should.

It's just entertainment. If you're not entertained (and that doesn't just mean winning every game)
    then you have to care enough to do what you have to do.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I don't think there's any positives that come from being abjectly negative. And I'm not smart enough to know things like tackle percentages, and all that other player-specific minutia. If you haven't noticed, I'm more into the psychology of the team, so when I say "Schwartz rubs it", it's not because I somehow think he should be using a 3-4 instead of a softprevent....I don't know what that means. I say it because I can see the team has no cohesiveness or passion.
    The first time I posted my opinion that Fisher's attention span was being shortened by his divorce, I thought I was gonna get totally dogpiled by this board. Having seen stuff like that a lot up close in my own life, it's easy for me to make that kind of connection.
    I don't like to smack on the players themselves too much, unless they deserve it (Fat Albert). Usually, their play is a source of humor fodder for me. But I realise that they are, in my eyes, a bunch of kids trying to reach some glory, and due to their youth they need the correct guidance to do so. As a result, they bear the brunt of my disappointment, but the coaches bear the brunt of my anger.
    Of course I love the team, and I want them to do well. I'm proud of them, despite their horrid showings. That's why i still keep coming back here every August through February.

Now read the sig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar