Do We Have Enough?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, May 5, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Has anyone watched the video on Titansonline.com about Wimbley? It's Jerry Gray and Mike Keith talking about Wimbley. Jerry Gray loves this dude, I expect 10+ sacks from Wimbley this year.

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

That's being awfully generous don't ya think? I'd give him maybe 4 at most because he will be the guy offensive lineman will be told to watch for since all our other defensive linemen are average at best, well maybe Klug but he only plays on passing downs. I'm not being critical, I like Wimbleys little dip move but I think his past production was more of a product of the division he played in than anything else.

I am almost willing to bet that one of our LB's has more sacks than any of our DL.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Child please!

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

4? LOL, Product of the system for Wimbley? oh the system that had him rushing the QB HALF the time and playing coverage the rest?? Dude, he will be an animal. The addition of Martin will make up for Wimbley's lack of run stuffing ability; Wimbley will be a 8-12 sack guy for sure. Maybe more

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Ok, here is my breakdown of the current Titans team. And where I see need or at least uncertainty at each position.

QB - Solid Veteran + Very talented young star & possible longtime franchise QB = Great Receipe for Success. At this point, the Titans are looking good at the QB position, but nothing proven. So right now, its (Uncertain)

RB - No question we have zero need for an RB and I love our depth too. (Nothing to change)

WR - For first time in YEARS I truly LOVE our WR core. If they can ALL stay healthy, along with the progression at QB. We could have the best passing team in Titans history (Nothing to change......if healthy.....yea I mean you Britt!!)

OL - We are still in great standing at Tackle for both sides. Easily top 5 tackle tandom in NFL. Guards & Center are nothing special. Hutch is great but he has to stay heathly. Leroy Harris can play guard and if he was our only weakness I would be fine but the Center position is truly bad right now. I don't know if our coaching staff believe they can fix the problems from last yr or if they don't see it being a problem. But I know if we are still posting bad rushing #s come week 6. Everyone is going to be saying they dropped the ball by not finding a solid Center in FA. SO, OL has to get a BIG (Uncertain)

FB - Going to miss Hall as I think he had a special thing going with CJ and our running game, but the Titans have always had a history of finding good FBs, so hopefully Hall's replacements will workout as well as he did (Uncertain)

DLs, LBs, & DBs - Rather than make this post super long, I put all D positions in one part as I see holes and/or uncertainty at every aspect of the Titans D. This is purely because the majority of the entire D is VERY young. We have veteran Safeties and a random Vet at LG & DL, but thats it. So if they step up like last year, then we might be amazing, but its a gamble. I wish we could have landed a superstar D player in FA but it didnt happen and I blame going after Peyton, but its all good. But for now I say the entire D is (Uncertain)

I think with how amazing our Offense looks to be next year. If we do have another 8-8 or one & done playoff run. I think we could be just a few key D players away from being top in AFC South for years to come.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I don't think people see just how bad Jason Jones at end hamstrung us. Our defense will improve with Wimbley and Martin.

I would love it if this becomes our year. However, our schedule starts out brutal... If we can get through the first five games above .500, we have just as great a shot as anyone.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar