Do the Titans trade up (from #33) to nab Nkemdiche?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Apr 14, 2016.

?
  1. Yes. The impact potential is too high not to

23.5%
  2. No. We should stay put and take the BPA at #33

76.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I was more against it before the trade, as we only had one second rounder. But three? Fk it buy the lotto ticket.

I don't think we will, doesn't seem like Robinson's guy. Just my thinking.

I don't think he will bust on the field-- its really just off of it imo.

2. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

I still say if we are taking a gamble on a guy in the second I would rather Smith from Notre Dame. Kid is a freak athlete and would have been top 10, maybe top 5 before injury... Take him and let him sit until next season.

3. 615nick

615nick Starter

This dude is just like clowney (on the field), has the ability to take over a game, but takes to many plays off. If and it's a big if, we really think we can get him to play hard, he's easily worth a top 15 pick. So at 33, he'd be a huge steal. But, if he's going to continue to half ass it, then he's worth about a 5th.

4. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Seems like more of a Webster move to trade up for a risky player. He doesn't Seem like a Jon Robinson type player, and the move doesn't seem logical for Jon Robinson. I'd have a hard time believing JR would take him at 33 if he was still available. I don't know the guy, but listening to what he says, about the tough team first guys he wants, I'm expecting him to pass on dudes with effort issues

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Nothing is for certain. If the Patriots offer a first round pick for number 33 you take that in a heart beat lol. In the worst situation you improve your pick and in the best situation you have 3 top 5 first round picks next year.

Patriots would never do anything like that, but to say no on accepting it... I'm not quite seeing your argument on how a 33 pick this year is better than a top 32 pick next year with potential to be top 20.

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Isnt this the dude that fell out of a window high on fake pot?( among other issues if I rememember correctly)

Robinson has said many times that character is a big factor for him. I don't think he'll be risking drafting this guy and he sure won't be trading up for him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. BluBlood4Life

BluBlood4Life Camp Fodder

Yes it is. Too many questions about character(hotel incident, placing blame on other teammates for pot). Also part-time player. Disappears for a game not just a few plays. Nonexistent run defense. No thanks.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Robinson seems like a no nonsense type of guy. He's preached character and team since day one. He won't be drafting guys with question marks, IMO.

I know that college aged people are going to make mistakes and do stupid things. But when you have an NFL career and huge payday ahead, you have to make the right choices. The shelf life of an average NFL player isn't very long. A lot of these guys will be out of the league before they mature mentally. Robinson wants players that are there to work and help the team.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

The patriots preach that too and they take guys with character concerns all the time. You cant have a team full of choir boys

10. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

The worst part of that fake pot incident was him throwing Tunsil under the bus for no reason. He's a talented player but not for our young team .

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar