Do the Titans have the 5th best group of WR's? Dave Dameshek thinks so

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Nice!!

Its funny though, he didn't even list Washington, and he has been really good for us.

In his list he puts WR1, WR2, TE1, and WR3 usually. For the 3rd ranked Bengals, he listed 5 players, 3 WRs and 2 TEs. I think he should have listed Nate prior to Walker & Hunter (maybe Wright too).

Regardless, I'm happy with the recognition. I think Damian and Preston are also very good receivers too. Not only do we have talent, we have depth. Here's hoping a clean pocket, better O scheme and improved QB play can justify such a ranking.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Dave Dameshek is the biggest idiot on NFL.com. I promise.

I do like our group, but I have a hard time believing it's top 5. It certainly has the potential to be top 5, but as of right now, I'd say it's right around 12th-15th best.

Without looking at that article, I'd say:

1. Broncos
    2. Falcons
    3. 49ers
    4. Giants

And if I had to continue ranking them (based on my opinions), I'd say:

5. Packers
    6. Seahawks
    7. Cowboys

It's too hard to narrow it down after that.

Come to think of it, we would fall in the top 10 IMO... most teams with the best WRs have little depth. We just happen to have a lot of good receivers, but no great ones - yet.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I say we're top 10.

If it was a perfect world and Britt was healthy and out of trouble he would be a top 5 WR. Kendall Wright is a dangerous threat, we got a potential steal in Hunter, Washington is solid, and Walker is a versatile TE.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Britt- great talent, definition of "unreliable"
    Wright- lots of potential; not a lot of production
    Hunter- lots of potential; never played a down in the NFL
    Washinton- solid vet; nothing special
    Williams- average to slightly above-average
    Walter- washed up vet

Top 5 group? IDK. I lean towards no at this point. We certainly have the potential to get there though. Hell, we have the potential to be top 3.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I oppose what you guys are saying.

You give our group of receivers to a better QB/OC combo and it would show too (I'm not even saying elite QB/OC, just better than what Palmer and Jake were doing last year.)

My rank of our receivers for the 2013 year is as follows: Britt, Wright, Nate, Hunter then comes D-Will/Preston/Walter (in that order, but very close)

6. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Why is Washington missing in our group?

Is Walker even a threat on offense besides his blocking? I hardly watched any 49ers game last season

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I can't put the Seahawks in the top five. Rice is constantly injured and had one primetime year. Harvin will be kicked to the curb eventually and isn't really an outside receiver to begin with. Golden Tate...I just don't like that guy, so **** him.

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I love how the comments are full of hate towards us and Dame Damechek. Wouldn't it be great if we could wreck the NFL like the 9ers for the next few years? :irked:

9. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I think he is right about our WRs being top 5, only difference is the rest of all the teams named have good QBs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar