Do the Titans have anyone in place to actually make the tough decisions that need to be made?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The part about the whining is because that was exactly what you were doing (and have been doing recently) regarding posters here. Whining about the amount of chit you took from posters about coaches etc. (guess I fail on the quoted part, but to answer your questions anyway...)

Munch as HC: How many times do I have to say it? Playoffs or bust! If we make the playoffs, I have zero problem with him remaining for at least 1 more year. If we miss the playoffs, I'd prefer we go ahead and have a new HC starting in 2014.

Locker: No, it's time to move on. I can see if Munch makes playoffs, wanting to stick with his guy, BUT we would at minimum need to draft a 2nd round QB to push for starter and preparing to take over... given that this is a deep class that is reasonable. Would be fine with drafting a 1st round QB as well, just depends on who is available with our draft position.

Bruce: I think it's time to move on, however I won't pretend to know the intricacies of coaching O-line. What's obvious is that things aren't working as well as we all wanted. So I'd prefer to see us with a new line coach.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It never plays well to say "I told you so." What you're referencing as "whining" is me pointing out the resistance I've faced when being critical on those points in the part. It's not that I'm trying yo say "I told you so" but rather that I want more posters here to have a willingness to analyze the franchise critically. Too often the first reaction to criticism is the points or approach I listed in the earlier approach.

It has been posted here many times by various posters that Munch is in over his head, that his hiring process was lame, that lockers doesn't have "it"', and that there is a pervasive "hiring from within" that is impeding progress of this franchise.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Eh I wasn't thrilled with Munch hire but I've always felt like it was fair to give him a chance. Everyone gets his start somewhere. And three years is plenty long of a chance.

The "hiring from within" did not and does not bother me, although now I don't know who is left to hire from within unless it is Greg Williams.

I think Locker either has "it" or has shown to be very close to having "it" but that is totally irrelevant because he can't stay healthy. Locker's shown good flashes, but good flashes aint enough after 3 years.

5. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

So I definitely just came out of my blackout and found myself in my chem lecture. Lol but anyways.. How long is Locker out for? And did they let Williams take over yet?

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

No. He is busy being the mayor of Toronto.

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

amazing what 24 hours will do.... yesterday we were all pumped and ready to make a run at the playoffs and now this team is in limbo.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm in the whatever category also. I'm not happy with the Munchak/Locker era at this point, but I also don't trust this new Tommy owner to make many decisions right now. Not before we learn more about him.

One person I do trust in this organization is Webster. I hope he keeps his job and pretty much has all the power right now. I don't think Munchak is really his "buddy" and believe Webster would make the right decisions necessary at the end of this season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I hope you are right and I agree with you on Webster. I have confidence that he will do his job and make the right call at the end of the year. I feel like we took 1 step forward to take 3 steps back and now we are in limbo looking for a way out.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Fitz is a "Brony"? Un-f*cking believable. That explains a lot.

Btw- I met that chick at the KC game. Her body and smile are even better than the pictures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar