Do the Titans have anyone in place to actually make the tough decisions that need to be made?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think you can keep Walker, he works hard and hustles. Isn't someone who drags the team down.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Who is in charge?

Seriously. Tommy Boy?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see any changes being made before the end of the season.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No of course not.

I actually responded to Gunny in a different thread about same subject. My guess (and only my guess) is that no one currently has much authority since there is probably a lot of paperwork going through now regarding the transition (that was to the question of could Munch be fired immediately).

I feel confident by the offseason everything will be finalized and the two Daughters and Grandson will have all the authority they need to make whatever changes they feel are necessary.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You're probably right, but authority =/= the knowledge and experience to hire the right football people to turn this team around.

Frankly, I'd probably rather have Webster hiring the new coach than the daughters and grandson. At least we know Webster has some idea of how to run a football team.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The dilemma is that a complete wash is going effect the revenue. Season tix and sell outs are on the decline. I'm going to hold on to my money until I see something worth paying for. I don't think I can't tolerate another 3 year re-build but I KNOW I'm not paying for the same chit product we've seen for the past several years. Munchak=FAIL. Locker =FAIL. THAT IS DEFINITE NOW.

I was pissed about the way we hired Munchak. I've taken a lot chit from the better spoken posters here about that. I was pissed that Bruce Matthews gets a pass on his coaching his underperforming unit because he is "one of us". Took a lot of chit on that also. Said Locker wasn't it-same.

Point is this franchise IS in a bad spot for at least 4 years. It is going to require a complete overhaul of coaching and core player re-building to re-gain the level of fan interest and support. This franchise gives NOTHING to its paying fans. Can't even win AT HOME against winless teams. Can't get to the playoffs. But somehow that's acceptable because:

1. Our 3rd year QB has been injured or hasn't had opportunity to develop
    2. Those who object are criticized because they aren't able to "fix it" themselves.
    3. The coaches aren't to "blame" because it's the players fault and the players aren't to "blame because it's the coaches fault.
    4. You can GTFO if you criticize the organization. If you ain't wit us you agin us.

Munchak's stupid expression IS the face of this franchise. We Are worse than the Browns. They at least have the balls to say "ENOUGH" and take chances to change. They appear to have a decent plan in place. I don't see ANY thing positive about the Titans leadership that would suggest they do as well.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I've been saying that since his first game when he had that stupid, confused look on his face and people still defend his lack of emotion, or even a semblence of being in control.. unreal.

If it's not clear now that his personality of a tree doens't rub off on the rest of the team, then you're blind.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

A whole lot of whine there, but I'd like to see some evidence that this is "acceptable" to anybody.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

The fact that Munchak, Gray, and Matthews are still here is evidence enough.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

wow really...historical low.....its not like we haven't lost to a winless team before lol

it jus feels bad cuz we all had high expectations for this year
    we are not at a historic low

FOR CHRIST SAKES WE STILL ONLY 2 BEHIND INDY WITH 2 AGAINST INDY AND THEY PLAYED WORSE THAN WE HAVE THE LAST 2 WEEKS!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar