Do the Titans have a win against a quality opponent ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

Ummmm. Yeah, they only beat the Colts, whom we couldn't at home and the the cowboys probably the NFC super bowl rep. Who have WE beaten. The jags is are only quality win all season period! If we can beat the Jags, Colts, Chiefs, and Chargers I will be a believer.

2. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

No dropped pass and we beat the colts. Cowboys wont be in the superbowl,it'l be the Packers.

3. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

This is the NFL. A team is only measured by wins and losses. Most of the teams with winning records have had a "weak" record. so I don't give much stock in so called "quality" wins...If we end up 12-4 or 13-3 or even 11-5 I would call us a contender no matter who we've beat or lost to. ANY team who can make the playoffs has a shot at the SB...if that wasn't the case then why bother with wild card teams?

4. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

No disrespect that that is very naive thinking. I hate the Pats and their fans (I live here ahhhh!) but there is no chance we can beat them with this running game combined with the almost no passing game. Harper and Finnegan and Griffin against Brady, Moss, Stallworth and Welker no chance. This is assuming that are anemic passing game stays in the gutter and our run game doesn't improve yards per carry as well as getting in the endzone more instead of FGs.

5. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I was mainly thinking of the past few years where wild cards have done exremely well (Steelers)...like I said if you can go 12-4 then you are a legitimate team (despite you opponents), your team has a shot...sure that doesn't mean we're going to make it all the way with the way the Pats are playing, but if anything the colts/pats game shows that their not unstoppable...

The season is only half way over...we still have a long tim to improve.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Why are the Patriots avoiding us? That's what I'm talking about.

7. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

I think that the Pats would win today but the one thing the Titans have going for them is opponents stack the box and white or henry or brown keep running. They say we are going to run its up to you to stop us. That is a big plus, that is why YPC is low though 11 in the box lol.

8. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

BTW YPC isn't everything it looks pretty on the back of a football card but in the end W's are W's at 5 ypc or 1.5

9. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Titans aren't getting any respect or attention from the media, but thats a good thing! Our only quality opponent is in the last week and that team might not even have anything to play for.

Big test this Sunday, Go Titans!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar