Do teams place to much value on position?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JMB54, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Do NFL teams place to much value in a position during the draft rather than just judging the player?
    I understand Tunsil is rated as the best value for the #1 pick but I would rather see the Titans listen to a verteran leader like Walker and find a right tackle in free agency. Ramsey is the player I am all in on in this draft. I know the ideal situation would be to trade down and pick him, but what if there is no trade offer. Do you draft him anyway? Questions about is he a corner or safety? What are your thoughts.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im taking Ramsey No.1 if I cant move back to 2 or 3 and still do it.

He keeps points off the board, and we need guys like that at CB desperately.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Trade down from 1 to 4 to draft Ramsey." That's the argument everyone makes and the difference in value is almost negligible. Splitting hairs that don't need to be split.

If the guy isn't going to be available after #5 then he must be pretty good. If you like him, have a need for him, and he's clean off the field then what is the issue?

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

agreed

but an extra pick would be nice

5. JCBRAVE

question - has the No.2 team ever moved to No.1 in a draft?

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

To answer the question, yes I think teams and even internet GMs place too much value on position.

To me, its all about is the player you want or need going to be there for your pick. If you need,say a CB, and there's a really good one there and most likely won't be for your next pick, you pick the CB. I would say the same about any position within reason.

#1 overall should be used on the best player that fills a big hole.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I tried searching Google earlier for this, couldn't find anything to confirm it has or hasn't happened.

8. JCBRAVE

I did my own research and found only the Falcons moving to No.1 from 5 in 2001.

Reality is teams just dont move up that high, we'd be better off having the 2nd pick TBH if we are to move back and collect picks

I think we're stuck at 1 this year

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

You never know, someone may get a QB panick attack and do it. It's better if only 1 guy rises to the top as the consensus top QB. Scarcity is our friend.

10. netnut

netnut Starter

Trading back a few would be great and still get your man. Don't think that will happen;0( Get the best player in FA ...then take your man in the draft. Be it Tunsil or Ramsey. Deep ball killed us last year! FA are hard to get, that play well after the BIG money!! Thank God for Walker;-)))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar