Do I sense a little unrest?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

How many players would still play pro football if big money wasn't available? How many actors musicians & singer song writers etc would still do what they do if it wasn't a path to riches? I think most would.These people are passionate about what they do & didn't just fall into a highly paid career.

The money these people earn isn't warranted but the truth is they get market value. The nature of the entertainment industry is a product of the world we live in. Why do we pay to go to the movies,see live music & sports? Part of the reason we idolize the famous is because of their success. If we don't like an individual we see them as airholes we begrudge them their success. Those we like we're don't criticize.

It isn't going to change unless we embrace communism. My only problem is the high #1 draft picks getting guaranteed money of stellar proportions. Only a select few of veteran players get millions of dollars a year. 75% of our roster is made up with players on or close to the vet minimum. It's the same for every team.

LT's salary bites because we were so frustrated with his play.Much as we don't like LT for his deficiencies as a player his pay wasn't ridiculous by NLF standards.

Some of those without money will always hate on those who have it. It's called envy.

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Think about the D-Linemen or any other position for all that matters. It's possible for a player making $360,000.oo to be lined up next to a player making 1mil a year. How does that effect the player making 360Gs feel?
    Equality? It's hard for me to work along side someone making twice my paycheck doing the exact same thing that I'm doing.
    I wonder why the players hire agents!

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

without over complicating this... I have a real simplistic way of looking at Lamont and his 1.6 million... granted... 1.6 million is not atrocious money for an NFL guy... but the thing is we have a guy who is almost as good if not better that's gonna play for 1/3 of that. So it's real easy to let a guy like Lamont go because he hasn't been real great in the past anyways.. so for the money, for the value, it's a fair gamble to invest in a relative unknown... Lowry has shown enough... Thompson has just shown too little too late.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Lowry has upside. LT has shown to be wildly inconsistent.

For those critical of Fisher for not giving young talent a chance to shine, here's a clear example of the opposite.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Let's hope he actually steps up and shines.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Obviously one offseason doesn't tell the whole story, but now that we've had time to sit back and digest the moves the Titans have made this year I'm really pleasantly surprised at an apparent shift in the FO. Maybe it's just that Reiny has no emotional tie to Reese's draft picks, but I like the way they've opened up positions to real competition... and not just given lip service to competition. And I don't feel like they've done it in a way that undermines the confidence of the starters, making them feel like no one is safe - which a lot of teams wind up doing in those situations. Who knows if this is the beginning of a new page in the Titans organization, or just an abnormal year forced by underperforming vets under a new GM. But in a year when we needed some shakeup to have a chance at getting over the hump, Fisher and Reinfeldt seem to have had the guts to make some tough decisions.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, consistently bad week after week after week...

8. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Here's my outlook on this... Thompson to me seems like he just doesn't have the passion for football and this team as much as we need. He is very athletic and has no potential to be better than what he's shown.
    No I am not questioning his work ethic or his play, but this guy just shows no emotion after making either a good play or a terrible play.

On the other hand, as far as people questioning why Lowry is starting and why Griffin is playing CB... This is were PacMan comes into play once again, this guy is the total opposite of Thompson(on the field). Pac has passion, energetic work ethic and is a huge play maker that isn't afraid of letting it all out emotionally. Pac is still a player on this squad, after week 10 (if all goes good) he'll be back in a Titan uni and kicking up turf with a new attitude and the same passion for the game that he has shown us.

So, this comes down to potential/passion over lackluster leadership and a careless attitude. Griffin may be back at the safety position before Pac comes back or he may stay at CB, all depending on how Lowry's play turns out. The thing that we need to focus on mostly is that we have depth and lots of talent(young talent). So saying this I believe that we'll be fine and if there is a weak spot/hole we can fix it. No need for unrest, Thompson was due for his release and I believe we all wanted it. Last season I remember alot of bashing on LThomp, and after seeing a little better play during pre-season we are questioning this?

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Word on the street is that everyone loved Lamont except Schwartz. He wanted to get rid of Lamont and go with Lowry. Fisher and the players loved Lamont and wanted to keep him at least as a backup. Fisher allowed Schwartz to make the final decision and allowed Lamont to be released.

If Lamont is still available, he will probably be asked to return after game 1 or 2.

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

He better not come back...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar