Do I sense a little unrest?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Todays Tennessean (9-3-07), "Veteran Thompson not surprised by release, some are".
    Thompson, "I felt like they wanted him to win the position, but I don't think he won it."
    Fisher wasn't available to comment on Sunday, but several players agreed with Thompson.
    Bulluck, "There is no immediate confidence (in Lowry) just because he is a first year starter.........."
    I can see a couple reasons why this could happen;
    1. Thompsons' play wasn't worth $1.6 mil whereas Lowrys' play was worth $360,000.00. Because Lowry starts on week 1 does not guarantee he starts on week 2. If he doesn't, I'm sure we'll hear Thompson laughing. On Thompsons defense, 'you get what you pay for'.
    2. Thompson had one good season IMO, his first with us. He's been a slacker since then. But was he better than Lowry through training camp? Several picks and no missed tackles, looked good. At the defense of the FO, he looked good in camp but has been inconsistent for 2-3 years.
    Sounds like Thompson feels he was in a no-win situation and has several players covering his back.
    My opinion, for what its worth, is that Lamont hasn't played up to par the last couple seasons. Between Lamont and Hill, I'm not sure which pissed me off more last season. I think Lamont knew that this camp meant poop-or-get-off-the-pot. Lamont should have thought about that last September. Is he worth 1.6mil? If he continued to play the way he played through preseason.....maybe, but his history says something different. Cut him and re-sign him to a lesser contract?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i doubt he would want to come back, but given the way he played during the preseason and the fact that he still got cut says the coaching staff is done with him. good!

3. I wouldn't want hime to come back and play if we gave him 300,000.Hes terriable and he should've thought about getting his @$$ in gear last year.I don't feel bad about the decision at all.In the NFL its all about "what have you done for me Lately" which in Lamonts case is squat.Sorry Lamont preseason doesn't count....:ha:

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Haters.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

haters? they may hate sloppy db play...

hey, Lamont looked real good in preseason, I'll admit that...

but let's face it... he's been lack luster for a few seasons now.

he was cut for a reason.

not to mention he was over compensated.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The best is yet to come, he may get picked up by someone...

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Unrest from the veterans began a few years back by the treatment of, I can't think of his name, but he had signed from Dallas. Anyway, he was told that he would be signed, don't worry, etc., then at the last minute he was released. The last straw was the treatment of Steve. The vets haven't forgotten that debacle and still speak on it.

There is a very good chance that the Titans attempt to resign LT at a fraction of his former contract. However, LT is a California boy and would love to go play near home. Also, his wife practices law in Cali, so it's like he sort of knew what was coming, otherwise she'd have been practicing in Tennessee.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

They should have cut Thompson before camp started and announced Griffin as the starter and let Griffin play there all camp (thats basically what Fisher did with Tank Williams a 2nd round pick). We had Herndon and Harper, two vets who started in Super Bowls along with Finnegan and Hill as CBs (not to mention King). Let them fight it out and let the best two start. Its not like Griffin can't move to CB next year after he wins ROY at S. We could have even had Griffin playing S in our standard set and then moving him to NB in our nickel or dime. Now he has less versatility considering he hasn't played S or NB hardly at all in camp.

The Thompson deal should have been settled before camp started either way. The coaches knew he sucked why waste playing time on the guy? Stupid.

9. Valis

Valis Guest

He's horrible, and a big part of our 30+ ranked pass defense the past couple of years. Good riddance; and if people are worried about Lowry, they should have put Griffin in at FS.

As for the Godfrey debacle a few years ago, I agree that we did him wrong but :blah2: the goal of the team is to win. What did we offer McNair, $7 million instead of the $9 he was supposed to make?

These players are just as greedy, if not more greedy because of the short sighted nature of their greed, than the league. They can go cry a few million dollar tears and GTF over it.

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Developing competion between the players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar