Do Draft Day Double Trades Happen?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Heavily depends on the offers I think. Getting Ramsey and a 3rd is worth more than Jack at 5 and a future second plus current third.

I truly think those are the small squares we are looking at. No one is coming up with a trade that is going to blow us away.

They will offer small trades and we will have to decide if Ramsey is worth more than mystery player and a couple picks

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If they absolutely love a QB they have every reason to move... You don't gamble with it. A team could come in at the last minute and steal Wentz/Goff away from them.

If they love one significantly over the other, they'd be crazy not to offer up a 3rd or 4th just to ensure they don't miss out on their guy.

I still think there's a chance they trade back and don't draft a QB... because who knows with the draft.

I personally like Goff significantly more than Wentz... Yet everyone else is saying the opposite.

Really hope Wentz busts just so I can go back and make fun of all the clowns overhyping him. Worked out that way with Gabbert.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

IMO best scenario would be to trade back as many times as possible... If we are able to trade back to 2 and then to 4, we'd still (in all likelihood) be able to take Ramsey or Tunsil.

I am completely against trading past the Eagles at 8 though... Unless someone pulls a Ditka + RG3 trade.

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Aha! I found a round one double trade.

Denver Broncos 2012.
    Traded the #25 pick with the Pats (who selected Dont'a Hightower) and moved back to 31.
    Then traded the #31 pick to the Bucs (who selected Doug Martin) and moved back to 36, out of the first round. All they got for their troubles was an extra 4th rounder. Yikes.

5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Would be nice to see us get involved with the Chargers if we traded with Cleveland. They need LT badly, and we could dangle the carrot a little and sweeten our own pot getting 2 trades for the 3rd pick and taking Ramsey. Dreams.....

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Depends on your definition of success. Yes it happens, usually from teams trying to get picks. The most obvious example since it's similar to our position is Parcells doing this withe the Jets. They traded out of #1 to the Rams then dropped back a bit again.

This is actually a good strategy because the main problem teams have in moving from say #7 to #1 is how many picks it will cost you. Remember, those teams are also picking high because they have roster holes and losing a bunch of high picks isn't how you fix them. Trading from #7 to #2 is a huge difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar