Do Draft Day Double Trades Happen?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I've heard many people on here discussing the concept of trading back with the Browns to 2, and then trading back again from the 2 slot. With the complete lack of anything else to talk about right now, I'm curious, is this something that has been successfully executed in the 1st round before? Anybody know?

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

The Browns would have to offer significantly more to move 1 spot than anyone else in the top 10 was offering. It would make no sense for them to sell the farm to move 1 spot. Even if they think someone is taking "their guy", they'd settle for second best before trading a huge amount for 1 spot.

3. 615nick

615nick Starter

Since we aren't in "need" of a qb, lt or pass rusher (all the typical #1 pick), idt the browns would have to give us much at all to move up to #1. I could see us taking a couple picks in rounds 3-7 to move to #2. Because they'd go qb and any player we'd take would still be there.

As for double trading, I can't recall thst ever happening. Idt nfl teams would want us or anyone to load up on picks and probably would stop offering us trades. But, if we move to #2 and another qb needy team thinks they have to move up to get thier guy, i could see it. Teams know we don't need a qb, lt or a pass rusher, so we'll take less than a team that does need one of those positions (in theory). So we would be the best team to trade with. If we do double trade our pick, say back to #4 or #7, we would have at least 4 more picks in this draft (would be huge).

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

My point is, why would the Titans drop 1 spot and get a few later picks if they could drop 3-5 spots and get a huge haul? The Browns would have no leverage if another team is offering up enough to jump the Browns for a QB. That would put the Browns needing to offer more than other teams to move one spot if they want a certain player.

The Titans would be dangling the fact that they have a better deal in place for #1 and the Browns only option would be pay more or stay put.

5. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

Because Tunsil / Ramsey

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. 615nick

615nick Starter

I could see that playing out. But, i see it as more as a leverage point to get a few picks from cle. Because moving back to 2, still gets us the guys we want, no matter what. Moving past 2 and we risk not getting that guy (assuming we have a guy we really want). Which would require teams outside of cle to offer us a huge trade to move back. But, in the double trade scenario, moving to 2 first would be the best move. Cle takes wentz and then qb needy teams only have goff and lynch(?) left to get. So teams would then need to move up even more to get a qb. We could get a ton for #2 and move back to 7 or so and have at least 4 more picks this draft and maybe 1 or 2 for next years draft. But, moving to 7 takes ramsey, tunsil, buckner and jack all off the board imo. So we'd need a ton of value.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Assuming there are no good deals for us, the Browns would be able to offer far less than anyone else. And we should take anything we can get from them if there aren't offers elsewhere. Picking at 2 with the Browns in front of us at 1 changes nothing... Ramsey/Tunsil are still there and we could trade further back.

Considering the circumstances, the Browns wouldn't dare offer more than a 3rd to swap picks with us. And I'd gladly take that if nothing else is out there.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

If the Titans don't have a serious offer for #1, the Browns have no reason to move.

If there is a huge offer for #1, it makes more sense to drop a few more spots and pick up as many picks as possible even if that means missing out on "their guy".

There are no sure picks so making more picks is always best. Especially if you can acquire picks in the first few rounds.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

All we need is for the Browns to absolutely fall in love with their QB prospect and scare them with a potential trade back of one of the many qb needy teams and they'd gladly send a third to secure their "franchise qb"

At 2, we again reassess the trade options and see if there is something worth taking- however that ticker won't stop and we will need to be fast about it. None of Websters slow ass fingers need to be involved. He was the worst at getting **** done timely. Robinson will have precursors set in place with teams if imagine. If X then Y and if Y then X.

I'd be most happy with a cheap drop to 2 and still taking Ramsey.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Who knows, it IS the Browns after all. I just don't think anyone is going to be in a bidding war for any of these QBs.

Sure, if the Titans can get an extra pick or two to take the Browns spot, why not. But they'd have to bluff them. If there is a serious offer a few spots down, have to take all the picks you can get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar