DL, OL, or DB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by corymiller, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Which do you select first at #10? And why. These are our three most glaring needs IMO.

This is assuming we didn't address these needs through FA.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

MLB

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

BPA

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The goal of FA should be to get you in position to draft BPA.

If we don't add a safety and one of the top interior OL in FA then our FO is incompetent.

If we stay at #10 then the pick will be a defensive player... DE, DT, LB, or CB. Just not a safety that is worth the 10th pick. I think DT or CB are the spots that would improve the team the most.

Taking a top CB would improve 2 positions because it would push Verner to the NB spot which would be an upgrade their as well.

A top notch DT would improve everyone else on the defense.

5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I think we have more glaring needs than MLB.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

At #10 i'm not taking a safety or offensive lineman, thus DL is the only logical answer. #10 is way to early to take an offensive lineman. I know everyone likes Warmack, but he's no better of a prospect than DeCastro. Everyone though DeCastro was going to go Top-12, he didn't because NFL Execs don't take lineman that early. Safety is a possibility, however I don't think there's any safeties worth a Top-10 selection this year, late first safeties: yes.

Thus, it's either Te'o (if avail) or DL (Richardson, Werner, Star, Hankins)

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

After looking at a CRAP load of stats for the last day, MLB is a serious need. McCarthy didnt grade out well even in the seven starts he had. Terrible in coverage and run defense.

OG is also a huge need, none of ours were even in the plus side of PFFs grading scale. Velasco held his own. Tackles were champs. But you don't go OG at 10.

Our DEs graded as two of the top ten in QB hurries. They arnt the problem, wimbley does show a weakness at run defense although.

Our DTs didn't get a push up the middle for enough QB hurries to affect the game. Martin would have lead the team by twice of what any other DTs numbers, if he would have seen more snaps. His limited snaps showed promise tho. Marks was also weak at run defense. Casey graded solid.

Our Safeties both graded horribly. Griffin bottom 3 in the league.

Sooooooo unless star falls to us at 10, I see us drafting Te'o who could slip.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea but he was limited all year long. He was flying around early on, then when he returned from injuries, he was slow, like real slow.

Thats not him we saw out there, he even said he was angry at himself for that effort.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What we need to do is package some mid round picks with our 2nd and move into the late 1st. have two 1st rounders and get 2 game changers. Then grab some guy in the 6th or something. We don't need a bunch of scrubs, we need 2 quality rookies and a free agent or 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar