disgusted with McCourty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

getting abused all day by Mike Wallace. Being in soft zone coverage all game doesn't help though

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I blame the scheme. It was awful and makes me sick when we PURPOSELY allow 5-10 yard passes all game, even on 3rd and 5 we stand 10 yards back. Just don't even show up to the game if you're gonna do that.

Sure that bend don't break BS might work against average to below average teams but when you have talented WR's and a QB that knows how to get the ball out at the right time you get destroyed.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

That zone defense made it awfully easy for Ruthlessraper to throw to Hines Ward down the middle all day. As for McCourty, I thought he did well given the cirumstances and who he was defending. I saw him break up a few passes early, which looked promising.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I am not too down on the secondary today. When you give Big Ben the whole afternoon to pass, bad things will happen.

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

The scheme was more to blame than them. When called upon, all three corners made plays. Singling one out doesn't really help unless you say WHY they did badly.

If you think a player is bad because of something they're ASSIGNED to do, then that isn't the player.

This thread is about as useful as a "disgusted with Klug" thread where I complain about how bad his zone coverage was on the TD pass. The scheme asked him to do something that probably wasn't wise to do as a defense. No different than McCourty on most plays you'd probably consider him being "abused" by Wallace.

Aside from the garbage time 40 yard TD, Wallace had his worst game this season by far: 5 catches for 42 yards, no TDs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I totally agree. When it's 3rd and 5 and you give Hines Ward a 10 yard pad they're gonna convert 10 times out of 10. It gave me flashbacks of Schwartz and Cecil. We didn't have a chance with that kind of gameplan. They didn't do anything spectacular to beat us they just took what we gave them and it was enough to beat us.

Roethlisberger is way too good (even on one leg) to just give them that kind of space. We should have jammed them from the jump instead we give them all the space they needed. Gray reverted back to the old ways of the days of Reynaldo Hill and Lamont "you big dummy" Thompson. It was pathetic.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar