Dinger's Breakdown of the WR Core

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'll summarize our WR core:

8 guys that wouldn't be a starting number2 WR on any other team.

Our best receiver will be Crumpler, knee's willing.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

All the talent at WR but doesn't show on the field.

3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

A WR tends to need a QB that can get them the ball to truly shine. It is my opinion that when VY improves our receivers will as well.

4. The Playmaker

The WR's are good it's just that VY spreads the ball. He won't always through to the top 2 WR's. He'll give it to the TE's and RB's and the #3 and #4 WR's more often. So people like Gage and R. Williams can't put up huge numbers.

5. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I know. None of the receivers are going to be outstanding in the offense we run. Chris Johnson will have as many receiving yards as anyone else. Between Crumpler and CJ there will not be many more catches to go around. They can be solid and not drop the damn ball when it is finally throw their way.....

6. The Playmaker

Exactly, I remember the time Kerry Collins came in for VY after he was hurt in Houston and KC lit it up. I think it was Roydell who caught a long pass for the TD and KC was delivering the ball to the WR's every play. That's one of the main reasons I know our WR's are good because of that one game.

7. The Playmaker

If the WR's get a chance to be involved in the offense then they'll put up huge numbers. I don't care what "experts" think of our group you put a pocket paasser like Jay Cutler in our offense and Roydell would be his Brandon Marshall.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no, collins didn't throw a single TD last year.

another reason i'm not ready to give up on young despite his low TD total last year. in the 6 quarters collins played in last year(second half of TB and entire houston) we scored 0 passing touchdowns.

of the 8 FGs rob bironas scored against houston, 6 of them were within 30 yards.

im really starting to think it was more chow than what was on the field, but i think WR should still be a priority.

9. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

all this doesnt matter.......next year, around March we will be on here *****ing again about how crappy our WR's were and HOPING we draft a WR with the 1st rd pick.....we wont once again.....then will we make posts reaching and nitpicking, looking for anything positive to say about undrafted free agent and 5th rd WR's that we do have

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Love the optimism. I didn't know you were a fortune telller...hows ms. Cleo doing anyway? Where's this proof that we're all going to "*****" and moan? Who's to say, under a new offense, that our recievers will blossum?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar