Dinger needs to go.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by costarica2, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Nothing has changed in any of my posts regarding the need for a change of coaching staff. I like the idea that you read old posts, just read them completely. You can't transfer your own ideas onto mine by quoting a singe line or two from a single post. You should realize that I've been done with the entertainment value of Fisherball for months. I don't believe it will ever translate to a SB win- something I would find immensely satisfaying. I don't want to spend big money any more- particularly when Bud won't put out some dough for some enhancements to improve the quality of the game day entertainment.

This is what I find objectionable about this post. Sure our offense sucks and in large part I agree the play-calling is responsible. But to single Dinger out with such inflammtory rhetoric while disregarding that the man is still showing up for work while facing a life and death battle is offensive and unproductive. Costarica2 then links it to Vince Young being done for the season on IR as if to further make his point. Unfortunately, it just exposes another source (probably the major one) of his own frustration.

Dinger is to be admired for his effort not to quit his resopnsibilities when facing such adversity. That is an example this team needs to follow rather than the "I quit on you" temper tantrum of the supposed franchise QB.

I'd wager neither you nor costarica2 has faced a similar situation where you battle for your life personally. I can understand why you and he might not appreciate how offensive such a flippant statement as was made by costarica2 can be to those who have.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't get how people mistake he's for his.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CollinsQB

CollinsQB Rookie

He is the one dropping passes? He is the one missing blocks?

You guys act as if you have never seen a team get hot and go on a winning streak.

You guys act as if you have never seen THIS team get hot and go on a winning streak.

This team has won, the talent is there, they have to play better no doubt but you guys are doing exactly what you are accusing this team of doing, you are all giving up. In fact most of you have given up a couple of weeks ago.

Some 12th man, boo the team when they struggle, dont show up when they need you. I hope the 12th man shows up Thurs night because now the season is really on the line. I can accept all of the things you are saying IF you say them when the season is done and the division is out of reach, but it STILL is not.

4. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Wait wait I have family that have die because of cancer and no matter who it is I wish him the best.The fight vs cancer is no a joke.

But his a bad OC if the offensive line sucks he should call plays to help the Oline.Just like fisher dinger needs to go it has nothing to do with cancer I know it and you all know it.

Another thing he has cancer he should be resting at home is not like his playcalling makes us any better.Anyone here knows our play calling run run pass punt.Also like it or not his a distraction the season is over he should just leave before he gets fired anyways and fight the cancer.

I DO NOT want dinger to get fired because he is sick people who actually thing I thing that are stupid.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We all know Fisher and Dinger can coach. They've both seen success. McNair had his best season under Dinger. We've discussed Fisher's career at length.

But there are times when the same approach gets a different result. What worked for Dinger/Fisher before obviously isn't now. What defines a good coach is getting the most out of whatever talent you have. Does anyone think Dinger can do the same things with Young, Collins or Rusty as he did with McNair?

In a 17-year career, you'd think Fisher could adjust to just about anything and find success as he did in '03 but that clearly hasn't happened enough this season.

Yes, there is personal responsibility involved. I do put a lot of this on the players as well. Any professional should strive to be their best at all times. But if the leadership isn't getting it done, it has an impact.

So, does a new coaching staff get better production from this group or will many of these players also have to change?

I personally place blame on all involved for the team's current situation. The question should be "How do we fix it?" "Does Fisher/Dinger still have the ability to turn it around and make the Titans a winner?" "Does Fisher/Dinger deserve the opportunity after two mediocre seasons?" Then the same needs to be asked of every other coach and each player.

Thing is, I doubt anything changes until the CBA is settled so this discussion will rage on.

6. TITAN204

TITAN204 Camp Fodder

Disgusting thread. Should change the board name to "bashTITANS".

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

holy ****, when did Jesse become the voice of reason around here?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay you clearly made that 95% stat up. C.J. runs up the middle more like 60% of the time which is about right considering every team we face stacks the box and plays contain as well. It's a combination of not knowing when to call what, and a lousy effort upfront by the O-Line. Dinger is only half the problem.

9. JCBRAVE

Danny Woodhead is good because he's hungry. Danny Woodhead would be good anywhere he played. He was basically the Jets version of Blount. They had too much other stuff going on to notice what they had. Woodhead is a great football player. I wouldn't credit Bellichick any for Woodhead's play.

10. JCBRAVE

That would be a good idea 2 years ago, but now Barber is nothing worth pursuing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar