Dinger Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by chamgel2, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillerTitanFan

KillerTitanFan Starter

Smart move by Munch. Out with the old and in with the new. I do wish Dinger the best for his recovery though.

But I do wonder what Munch's plan is to fill 6 coaching vacancies. I heard Mike Keith on the radio today and he said that he expects Munch's staff to be filled out two weeks from now....

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I hope Mike Munchak has the Leslie Fraizer/Jason Garrett effect on this team.

3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Without sounding too synical -YESSSSSSSSSS! I wish Dinger all the best as do us all with his battle with cancer - however from a football perspective this move needed to be done. Not only do I think he was an average OC at best, this would have no doubt cast a black shadow of resentment that Munch got the job over Dinger and Dinger may have ill feelings toward the awkward situation ... so all in all it was for the best a move that had to be done, wish him the best in his future endevors but as for the Titans organization good move and the cleaning house project continues on ...

4. PassTitansPass

PassTitansPass Starter

But its still some cold-a** sh*t.

5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

cynical is the word * not s

6. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

when was the last time anyone saw a play call that really impressed you, whether it was in its design or use of personnel? i cant remember. I wish dinger the best but it just didnt seem like he was one to use his imagination. Now i dont want to become the saints on offense, but i want to see someone whose going to be exciting on offense and who knows how to use players to their strengths and brings a more modern looking open offense.

7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

fake punt vs bills in preseason ;) (even though I think Fish had this in his back pocket from practice)

youtube.com/watch?v=P7xksmk0ghc

and no that definetly isnt hentrich running like that ...

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Daaaayum! Dude is fo realz!! :eek:

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

for some reason, this left a bad taste in my mouth... Sure i appreciate the change but Dinger didn't miss a day due to his cancer...
    Good luck on your health dinger!

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Honestly, I think if there wasn't concern of being undermined/criticized by a coach who covets Munchak's job, Heimerdinger would still be here.

People here are criticizing Heimerdinger's playcalling, but the last time he was allowed to open the playbook, he had to get Fisher drunk to do so. He has developed some amazing talent over his coaching career. Heimerdinger will coach again.

Now, I don't blame Munchak for getting rid of him either. They both interviewed for the job, and he was previously a position coach. He needs his authority to be unquestioned. He needs to be the undisputed HC without someone chiming in, "Well, what I would have done...". I'm sure he'll hire someone capable to fill OC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar