Dinger a miracle worker...BS

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

No, you can give credit to as many people as you want, but if the offense improves, don't forget to give Young his due.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Didn't I just say in post #60 that it's all on Vince and nobody else will get the credit?? However, how hard is it to throw a dump off to Chris Johnson and let him do all the work??? Revision 1; it must be hard because VY still has to COMPLETE the pass.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Billy Volek was a better, more experienced player???

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

WTF is your point? He wasn't even our starting QB. Steve, eddie, wycheck, mason and hopkins were not better more experienced players? Dinger even had bruce for 2 years. Those are near hall of fame players or close to it.

Last year we opened camp without our 2 top WRs and our leading rusher. When did dinger have that to deal with that?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Give vince his due.

If our offense is better it will be because of improved play from VY and having crumpler. Imagine if we had crumpler the last 3 years.

So do i. We are really strong up front on both sides fo the ball. Anyone who has seen our D-line work can see this is the best unit we have had top to bottom in a long time. The addition of crumpler is going to be huge.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

923 yards and 8 TD's. Those are stats for Volek in TWO games playing for Heimerdinger. You know exactly what the point is, you simply choose to dance around it. To think Chow squandered such talent.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Watch out, Psychop... here comes the "Kansas City had a crappy defense!" defense...

8. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

You are missing my point: If the offense improves, VY won't deserve all of the credit. Many other people will have contributed to that success. But I've noticed an alarming trend with certain posters (I don't have anyone in particular in mind) that if the offense has a good day - Young is the last person to get any credit for it. In their minds, he can do no good. And conversely, if the offense struggles, he gets all of the blame. It's just not that cut and dried. Like I said back in post #56, football is more complicated than that.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The WHOLE offense is around VY. If he does bad the whole offense does bad. This is not about White, Gage, the OL, etc. VY is carrying this offense. If he slips then this team might as well pack it in for next year.

Dinger came here to help VY. He knows what he has to do to have a successful team on the offensive side. VY

10. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Some would argue that Young did in fact "slip" last year and the team didn't "pack it in". Yes, Young is the most important piece to the puzzle, and I have high hopes that Dinger will put VY in the best possible position to succeed, but it is not all about Young. Everyone else on offense has to perform to make this offense click.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar