Dinger a miracle worker...BS

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sorry just got tired of seeing post after post talking about dinger like he walked on water and also reading post after post about what a POS chow was. I disagree.

Oh i will agree dinger is the better guy and a nice hire for us and that chow maybe deserved to be fired but look at the talent difference each of them had to work with.

Dinger got steve mcnair in years 4-8 as a starting QB. Right smack in his prime. When steve was a good passer and a great runner.
    Dinger also had derrick mason the best WR in the fisher era, frank wycheck, eddie, kinney. I would hope he would have more success.

Who did chow have? Crap. A past his prime mcnair who no longer could run in 05, kerry collins without a training camp and a kid right out of college. Chow never had mason. Chow never had wycheck.

A good way to put it is this way. When dinger was OC bennett was the #3 WR most of the time. For chow bennett was the #1 for 2 straight years. For WRs chow got other team's leftovers, gage, wade and a bunch of rookies.

Chow didn't draft roby or paul williams, or chris henry. Chow didn't cause calico to get hurt either. It wasn't chow who caused us to lose all those guys to the cap.

Compare the WRs chow had in 05 vs the WRs dinger had in 02. In 02 dinger had mason-dyson-bennett-mccareins. In 05 chow had bennett-jones-roby-williams the later three friggin rookies.

In dingers 5 seasons our average rankings were 11th in total offense and 12th in scoring offense. In chow's 3 seasons the averages were 21st and 19th respectively. Clearly the dinger era was better but shouldn't it have been better? He had superior talent to work with.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think anyone will argue that Dinger had a lot more weapons than Chow but that doesn't excuse how bad the offense was last season in the red zone (which is what I think is the key reason Chow was fired).

20-of-55 red zone opportunities resulting in a TD isn't all about the players. That was dead last in the league.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

You could argue Dinger's offense made those receivers what they were...none of them have exactly lit it up since being on the Titans.

On a side note, the Jets haven't put up a ton of points the past 2 seasons, so we'll see what he can do back here again. He has his work cut out for him.

4. We're going to have to wait to see how effective the offense will be under Dinger. The optimism may be over the top, but there is reason for some optimism. We know he's had a successful NFL career, which is more than you can say for Chow.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We'll see what kind of progress he can get out of Vince. We all know Vince can run, but the real question is can he be an effective passer. If Dinger allows Vince to Run(which I don't think he will) Vince won't last the whole year, and will regress as a Qb just like he did last year. I do think Chow was made the fall guy for Fisherball. If you go through two OCs, it's not the coaching its the QB. And considering that OC made Carson Palmer, Leinart, Rivers and Cassell, doesn't look good if he couldn't help Vince.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I was beginning to doubt that McNair would ever live up to the throwing hype before Dinger came onboard. I saw no evidence that McNair had accuracy deep. None. I began to doubt it. And then boom, it all comes together. I believe that Dinger unleashed it. I believe he tapped what was always there. McNair had more weapons. I am sure of that. But I became confident in McNair under Dinger, when once before, I had very little confidence in him whatsoever. McNair was able to pick out the open receiver and let him run under dinger.

I believe dinger will tap Vince Young too. If he can get the Receivers open, Vince will hit them. But I think Vince needs a little more breathing room than McNair needed on the long routes. Young is a better runner though. and so it equals out.

Now, if we had Jack Pardee, Vince would go to new stat levels. I am an avid believer that the offense can define your career and success, and confidence. I believe dinger can do it. VY has talent. He wouldn't have gone to Texas if he didn't, he wouldn't have been drafted 3rd if he didn't. He's got something. Now we'll see if he and dinger can tap it. They will.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

RollTide is an unpartial critic... BS!

:grrhee:

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dinger sans mcnair

2005 jets
    2006 broncos
    2007 broncos

Average total offense ranking..18

Average scoring offense ranking..19

Average red zone ranking....19

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dinger is God!

He improves passing accuracy and makes crappy WRs good.

Are you guys friggin joking?

Nobody made mason. Nobody made mcnair. They were successful because of their own abilities. It's nonsense for anyone to think that dinger made them.

Mcnair got better because of maturation and simply having better people around him, ie mason. Mason simply needed a chance to play.

Since going to baltimore mason despite being on the other side of 30 averaged 86 catches a season. Don't anyone dare say that anyone made him.

10. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Rolltide - what do you believe are the functions of the coaching staff?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar