Did we take a running QB that

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

Actually Vicks 8.3 attempts per game last year was the highest average of his career.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

VY is better than Cutler. No one could have predicted what happened between Fisher and VY.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Christian Ponder sucks.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Locker was a reach, but if you think he'll be the franchise QB you want, it doesn't matter.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

No they aren't. New FO and coaching staff.

Reinfeldt has us scratching our heads? I say good. Michael Griffin when we seemed to desperately need a defensive lineman? Win. "Scatback" Chris Johnson after two previous drafts with RB's taken in round 2? Win.

Derrick Morgan and Jake Locker? We'll see, but I like their potential because I've learned to respect Reinfeldt's judgment. That may seem silly to you, but it's enough for me. Locker wasn't a reach on Reinfeldt's board, and neither was Michael Griffin (most draft experts had Reggie Nelson over Griffin, what a joke), nor Chris Johnson (scatback that can only run on the edge, WTF?). What good does draft value do if your pick ends up being Reggie Nelson?

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Steal... reach... who knows? Nobody knows for a few years. If Locker is a bust he's a reach if he is a star then the Panthers are the dumbest team ever for passing on him, same with 49ers. I remember people thought Bo Schobel was one of the biggest steals of the 2005 draft. Turns out we would have been better off not drafting him at all.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why do people bring up Griffin now? He's shown us that he wasn't worth that pick after teasing us for 1 good season when everyone in our secondary looked great due to pressure.

Respect Reinfeldt's judgement? He's drafted 1 great player in Chris Johnson. We can't ignore the head-scratchers he's had that didn't work. Nor if he had something to do with letting Blount walk (I can only assume).

Michael Griffin
    Chris Henry
    Paul Williams
    Leroy Harris
    Chris Davis
    Antonio Johnson
    Joel Filani
    Michael Otto
    Jacob Ford
    Ryan Smith

Chris Johnson
    Jason Jones
    Craig Stevens
    William Hayes
    Lavelle Hawkins
    Stanford Keglar
    Cary Williams

Kenny Britt
    Sen'Derrick Marks
    Jared Cook
    Ryan Mouton
    Gerald McRath
    Troy Kropog
    Javon Ringer
    Jason McCourtey
    Dominique Edison
    Ryan Durrand
    Nick Schommer

I'd say that's about as average as 3 years of drafting could possible be around the league. Outside of the 1st round, he's pretty questionable.

Not bad, just no one I'd bet on.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Why would you assume he did?

I wouldn't say that, but since you did, I'll remind you that he picked Locker in the first.

Seriously, no love for McCourtey, Verner, Harris, Ford, Jason Jones, or Javon Ringer?

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well pretty much every team is questionable outside of the first round deuce. How often are the Patriots praised for their draft strategy? I can't turn on ESPN or go to any site and read about how the Pats have, "Done it again!" They manipulate the draft and stockpile picks better than anyone.

But since 2006 what players have they gotten in rounds 2-7 that are worth a damn? Well those 2 tight ends are nice and Brandon Spikes might be good. Oh and they got a kicker and a punter! Meanwhile they basically traded Clay Matthews to Green Bay for Darius Butler and Brandon Tate. Good one. He's one of the best defensive players in the NFL at a position you need the most and in exchange you got a corner who never plays and a #3 receiver (#5 if you count the tight ends). So if the most highly praised team in every single draft with all of their middle round picks has only picked up 3 good players (all in the same year even) since 2006, I think it's pretty safe to say that there's nothing wrong with batting .300 on rounds 2-7.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. gran54

gran54 Starter

Totally agree, championship teams (Patriots) are built through the draft and mainly rounds 2-5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar