Did we botch the Trade of the #11 pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

a good anything is never a bad pick, besides kicker in the 1st, I guess... lol. I do agree that Tackles are much less likely to bust, so we're more likely to have a solid LT for awhile. But I do believe it was an average to well below average pick, due to the glaring holes in the offense, and the seeming holes in the defense. There is no player I would have jumped for joy for, at pick 11

but I would certainly have been happy to be able to move down some spots and pick up some players. This is a bad year for us not to have a 3rd. So they really, really. need to do a bang up job with the 2nd round pick. because by the 4th round, finding an impact player becomes a lot less likely.

I would have been really happy if they could have pulled off a trade to move back a few, still get a Tackle, if that's what they wanted, and still be able to address some of the real needs, IMO.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Not only silly but utterly preposterous.

3. nickmsmith

Seems like they certainly looked off guard, to have been so prepared... and the fact that they waited til the last 5 seconds or so, screams of desperation to me. If you know exactly what you want, you don't get in right under the wire.

I'm sure they liked the player, they did draft him.. but it's obvious that he was not one of their top scenarios, or else they wouldn't have been courting so many suitors for the pick.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Without knowing the minutia of the trade details we can't assume that wasn't the plan..
    There was a fair amount of unpredictable moves last noght..

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If they were off-guard it was strictly about the missed trade.
    There is literally no chance in hell they did not know who they were picking at 11. None.

6. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

It's crap like this and how things have been going the past couple seasons that seriously makes me believe this team is gonna damn near Jacksonville Jaguars status within the next few years.

I know I'm gonna get crap for saying that, but it seems more and more people each year aren't renewing PSL's and just seeing how empty our stadium has been getting and straight up depressing.

This is why the Titans are mediocre and why literally nobody gives a damn about the team except for the people who run it and a pint size amount of die hard fans.

7. nickmsmith

I tend to agree with ya.

They need to start winning to get some new fans, and get the lackadaisical part-time fans to start really caring. Nothing they have done in awhile has done that. I hope Whisenhunt injects some life into this franchise, because it has been stale for awhile.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Cry me a river. No team is going to thrive in this division without a stud OL.
    The shine wears off token buzz QBs the minute they start leaving the field on a cart (or toss Pick 6's because they blocking is non existent).
    Only winning will fill the seats.

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

This one may not grow on trees but he also will not see the field this season barring injury....

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

thank you!

these are freaking professionals here who live for this ****

no one panicked lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar