Did we botch the Trade of the #11 pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I can't help but think Webster had his zzz handed to him with Browns supposed trade offer.

How many times does a trade go down to the last 5 seconds and then fall through? That just sounds stupid. And why the f*ck would we not have more than one trade offer going at the same time? Or at least be "bluffing" with the Browns that we do?

It seems to me that the Browns never intended to trade with us, but rather distract us during our pick time while Manziel was still on the board. There is no reason in hell that Webster should have allowed trade negotiations to continue all the way until it did with only 5 seconds left.

I have no doubt the guys in the war room video were expressing awareness that their azzes just got handed to them by the Browns FO. Please post any links you might find that elucidate details of the "offer".

I'm afraid Webster woke up this morning with his panties around his ankles.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It sure seems that way but we'll never know for sure. And the Titan FO spin machine is already in full effect.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm really curious what the details were to the trade

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I actually dont hate the pick. Franchise LTs dont grow on trees.

• High Five High Five x 8
  5. jbrit

jbrit Starter

Thinking positive here... Lewan handled Clowney pretty well in the outback bowl a few years ago. Those two will be matched up for the next 10 years. If Lewan pans up it will be a great move to counter Clowney. Plus Roos will be gone in a few more years and I'm not sure Oher will last much longer either.

6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We'll never know how all this went down. I'd love for the NFL Network to show every war room miked up throughout the first round but that day will never come.

8. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

I believe the Browns offer was legit. There were multiple reports/rumors of them trying to trade back up ahead of the Cowboys at #16 to get Manziel. As it turned out, they weren't able to move ahead of Dallas but were able later to trade up to #22 and they still got Manziel.

The Jets offer looks legit too. They wanted Beckham and wanted to move ahead of NYG (#12) and STL (#13), who both needed WR help badly. As it turned out, the Giants did take Beckham at #12.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

so we missed out on 2 offers?? lol..maybe with both coming in they got flustered and missed the opportunity??
    I guess the FO didn't want extra picks after all.

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

See the problems is RW only knows how to work a trade from the side of foolishly trading up and leveraging our future draft picks. The guy has no clue how to work a trade from the other side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar