Did the TOMB die?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hoffa, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FearKVB93

FearKVB93 Guest

that sux dude...did zephyr get banned to

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

earlier in this thread I broke down the whole tomb thing as it's been told to me by countless posters over the years and one of their mods was like: no, it's not like that at all, it's like this... and then this Bandit guy comes along, says he modded the place and then describe EXACTLY how I said it was as it was recounted to me, as I described... and now there is a new mb that Yvette has and some dude said 'rep rape orgy' and got banned? Just like that?

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/kmSx8qHLIatQlxh6zM7kPQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/kmSx8qHLIatQlxh6zM7kPQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lets make this thread like the TOMB and end it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    :lol:

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Is this board getting a little stuffy in here or is it just me?:)

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

i got banned because in a heated argument about Young the guy started making personal attacks.....i said "get off Youngs dick for a minute and listen" or something to that nature........outcome im banned, they still posted.....lifetime ban too

doesnt matter though....made me find this place

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

How 's your rep working out for you.

Your attitude wont get you very far on any board you choose to take it to.This board is very well moderated and also policed well by the members themselves.

If your out of line we won't tolerate you.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Hard Hitter 53

Hard Hitter 53 Camp Fodder

So I guess the you ignored the 2 warnings you were given. You may not care, but you did offend people with the way you posted over there.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

OK. I have been reading but staying out of this....until now..
    This post is complete BS!
    Maybe there were some mods better than others....maybe you were one..... but the bannings became ridiculous. Obviously there were plenty that were deserving and being a mod is not easy, but there were many that were personal and unwarranted under any other normal circumstances on a board.

Two examples:
    1) I posted here long before I posted at the TOMB. SEC330, Gunny, Hoffa, and a few others may remember.... I am pretty calm and not very confrontational.
    During a discussion I made a comment about a player acting like a teenager or something. Yvette commented back that I didn't know much about raising kids. I told her I have 2 kids. She comes back with another comment about how I must not have been a parent for very long and I would learn. I responded with the fact that my 2 girls were teenagers so I was not new at it and (nicely) asked her not to question my parenting skills. Instead of apologizing or backing down, she made another snide remark. I said.... "Do not question my parenting skills". No cursing, no rants, nothing.
    I was given a week long vacation/banning for being deliberatley confrontational..... 3 guesses who did the ban (and the first 2 guesses don't count). Yep. You guessed it...."Foot Fetish".

So you tell me.... How is that proving your point of your last comment of "proving anyone bashing DESERVED a banning?

2) One poster was told he could not have a (I beleive it was) NBA and NHL logo in his signature because "this is an NFL message board". When he argued the point that one of the moderators had the TN Vols in his.... he was banned for arguing with a mod.

Another poster was rude and abrasive as a poster even mentioning anally raping someone at one time. He later became a mod and is here now defending the TOMB.

There were many bannings that were deserved, but many were not. There were different sets of rules for different people....bottom line.

Geez..... Clint Taurus was banned and most everyone who knows of him knows he is a great poster and not deliberatley confrontational.

I understand things are complicated, things are hard to moderate, people are rude and crass.
    However..........
    Do not paint with such a broad brush and say that anyone who was ever banned deserved it and bashing the TOMB proves it. It must be a hell of a view from that all knowing throne you sit upon so high up.

This is a great board and Jeff does an incredible job.
    Maybe this can be a fresh start for everyone.
    What's done is done.

BTW.... which mod were you.....Yvette?
    I never understood why people use different names on different boards....well.........maybe I do now.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

I got one warning and apologized. I replied that I was seeing what could be said and not said in the forums. Their weren't even rules made yet in the forum...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar