Did the Titans do enough to protect Pacman from himself?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

... and every time we talk about Pac it's hard for me to avoid the comparison to Vince. Came from about the same background, and could not be any more different. Vince takes responsibility for anything and everything - maybe even puts too much on himself. Maybe Titans should have forced Pac to live with VY and Bulluck - like a shared custody arrangement. :)

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Sure they could have. And fined him for the idiotic penalties on the field too.

Going by memory, did they ever fine him the past two seasons?

Fisher has been accused of actually playing favorites with Pacman by allowing him to get away with a lot more than most.

Obviously, he has no respect for anyone associated with the Titans organization. That may change at some point but it'll likely be too late to matter.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Short of a straight-jacket, what was going to help? What could they realistically do that was that different from what they did?

He got warning after warning. He got suspended eventually. He didn't respond to these things. I mean, the Titans could have put their own private security on him, and maybe they should have, but I really don't think that should be their job. Pacman should have been able to take care of himself.

If anything, fault the titans for taking a chance on him when they were aware of character issues. Beyond that, Pacman has to take the blame.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Pac is an enigma to me. He is strong enough to survive his upbringing, utilize his talents and excel on the field, but he is too weak to trust his team mates and make the transition. I say weak because MANY other top level athletes grew up with similar situations as Pac and successfully made the transition.

It really does make you wonder if some people are just bad.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Not that I can remember... seems like they are pretty tight-lipped about fines, though. He deserved several.

It's almost like he was afraid to punish him. Not sure if he thought it would push Pac over the edge, or what. Soft guy approach didn't work though. I'd hate to think it was just being afraid to lose his talent for a game... but if they left VY behind for Philly just for being late, seems like he wouldn't have been afraid of losing Pac for a game or 2.

Nope. The feeling is increasingly mutual, apparently. I hope his friends were worth it.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Inability to distinguish right from wrong or what he does isn't wrong is my guess.

7. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

Exactly MJ! Hope they were worth it Pac, hope all of it was worth it..

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Yes, some people just can't help themselves. Golfer John Daly is a loose cannon too, but at least he doesn't harm anyone, just donates millions to Vegas with his gambling habit. The PGA cringes whenever he is around, but he has a sizeable fan base, so it's a love/hate deal. He is also on his 4th marriage (or divorce). I wonder what Pac made on HIS wonderlic test. I wonder if Pac can spell Wonderlic.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Im feelin the second choice:yes:

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

The Titans messed up in handling Pac...

They had the opportunity to bring in the only man who can handle situations like this...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar