Did The Pats Cheat?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by inVINCEable2007, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I don't understand why the league doesn't allow the defensive coaches to relay the play call through a headset to a defensive captain's helmet, like they do with offensive players. That'll eliminate the use of hand signals, and teams like the Patriots can't use that to get an unfair advantage.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Big red, good point. Use technology to eliminate the possibility of spying.

The reason the nfl has these rules is so teams don't invest in the best technology they can buy to pick up the other team's signals. Without these rules it could become insane with hidden cameras, parabolic micraphones and such so they nip it in the bud and don't even allow certain things to be video taped.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

RT, are you channeling Riverman?

I'm not sure if this is progress, or sarcastic.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I hate all their boo hoo'ing. I'm serious. Your team cheated. If it taints your championship it was because you cheated. And nothing else. Give me a break. Whether the players knew or not does not matter. It happened. Maybe the players should step up and say it won't happen again and start doing something about it instead of all this boo hoo'ing. Unfortunately, the decision of the coach and whoever was involved reflects on all of you. Welcome to the real world.

It should bring them together as a team. I don't mind that. But don't go crying for public affection. Just man up and get as far as losing to the titans in the AFC Championship to show your metal. But don't come crying to me or anyone else you New England cream puffs.

As far as being penalized for one game and one cheat, while that makes sense, and is logical, it is not practical. It's an impotent decision. This is less about what happened than it is about not letting it happen again. Strip them of all their draft picks. They won't do it again. I guarantee you. One pick is not as meaningful as winning football games. What do you need a draft pick for if you know the other teams plays. You don't.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

By way, a great conspiracy would involve nfl films being paid by every team to cheat. Now that would be good stuff.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

I wonder if some geeks from MIT helped them cheat with the best of today's technology....

I say that in a snarky tone....but who knows....

I bet before the year is out, we will have heard about more concrete evidence of them taping offensive line calls with mics on their Dlineman....

7. Haynesworth92

Haynesworth92 Fat Albert

It clearly didn't make much of a difference, they just killed the Chargers.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Maybe it did. I bet you the Chargers had to change every signal in less than one week. That is three sets of signals for the db's, lbs, and dl's. I think that qualifies as a problem. One player screws up the call, TD Tom Brady. Then you have to change them at half time too, because who knows what the Patriots are doing, yeah, that is a bit of a problem. The patriots pounded them, and probably did not cheat, but it doesn't mean they hadn't influenced the chargers because of all the cheating they used to do. If someone steals an item out of your house, it doesn't mean you will trust them when they come back. You prep your house for their return. Whether they steal or not, you had some work to do you would not do otherwise.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Great article about this issue.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page...0925&sportCat=nfl&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

It's making me change my stance on Goodell as a whole. I haven't really had the problem a lot have with the player suspensions, but this scenario in the article really makes me question the fairness of the Pats penalties.

Also so nice Titans love near the bottom of the article. Saying how we are last years saints... chemistry, good young players, a team on the way up.

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

TMQ is great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar