Did Stallworth make the correct choice?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PickledMidget, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Dante Stallworth signed with a team that was already full at WR and then NE signed Washington the next day. Reports are saying that he wanted to go to NE over TN because of the QB situation.

Here is their current roster:

Kelley Washington
    Bam Childress
    Donte Stallworth
    Reche Caldwell
    Wes Welker
    Chad Jackson
    Jabar Gaffney
    Kelvin Kight

Did Dante make the right move or is he seeing his number of catches reducing now that Washington, Welker, Jackson, Gaffney and others will be competing for both throws and starting positions.

Comments?

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Possibly. I see him as the top WR out of that bunch, but I think Jackson may turn into a better receiver than Stallworth.

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Well the pats are basically a lock to make the playoffs.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

What's new..

5. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

It's just odd to me. Be the number 1 in TN and make more cash or be 1 of 8 in NE, where they run some form of the West Coast Offense, and see fewer catches and make less money in a town with higher cost of living.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Stallworth, if he has any worth, should be the #1 and put up some decent numbers at NE. It was obvious the Pats were not happy with their WRs and I would expect most of the guys from last year to be let go. You don't pay that kind of money to Welker and Stallworth and also have a guy like Chad Jackson you spent a draft pick on and not let them play.

7. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Stallworth made the choice that was best for him.

he will be the Pats #1 option and have a lot of balls thrown his way Tom Brady, who wlll go down as one of the greatest QBs to play the game.

Would you rather catch a lot of passes from a great passer or would you want to catch a fair number of passes but spend a lot more time blocking downfield for your QB?

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

If he wants money, no, if he wants to win, then Id have to say...no

9. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

He'll be fine... traitor

10. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

well I think he probably wanted to win a championship b4 he retires, and since NE has been in the playoffs for umteen years straight he saw it better there despite the money and roster.
    not taking anything away from the titans who i think can win the superbowl this year, but he might be one of those players that look at the surface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar