Did Reese Adequately Protect The Franchise From Pacman?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

So, we all remember the holdout... ahh.. memories. That seems like a long time ago. I remember that Reese wanted the contract to protect the Titans in case Jones made a habit of breaking pool cues over people's heads because his prior conviction for assault was reason for concern. Does anyone know what that entailed? I mean, what was put into the contract for "just in case"? Obviously we had several "cases" of Pacman tom-foolery... anyone with any information, speculation, comment or a link to a resource please post. Thanks.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Good questions.

I have a Pacman question to add. Are we allowed to trade him at this point, or are we restricted from trading him because of suspension?

Knowing his value is probably very low right now, I still wonder if we could use him in a draft day trade, or earlier. I wouldn't mind us moving up and somehow getting two 2nd round picks. I'm wondering if Pac + third round or fourth round, or some combo with late rounds, would make a trade like that happen?

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We could give up Pacman and possibly get lunch comp'd at the draft, but we would have to leave the tip. That's about it.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Really?

I'd think we could find a buyer, Pacman + 3rd round for 2nd round. Might have to add on some garbage to make it work.

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong and noone would go for it.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The first post is awesome. I am also very curious about this. I eagerly await being told the answer by someone who knows more about the Titans players' contracts than me.

Actually, the second post is pretty good also.

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I remember reading somewhere that we tried to shop him at the combine and nobody was interested

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you read speculation that we were trying to shop AJ and that nobody had any interest ... I'd bet, despite his current ongoing suspension, that someone out there (Jerry Jones, Al Davis) would love to have him (once he's reinstated)
    it's just a guess though

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

why would anyone give something up for him if they know we're going to release him?

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That's the key, right now nobody knows when (or if) that'll ever happen, but we know it won't be until training camp, why would anyone take someone in that situation for any price?

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

thats not worth it for us...while he is suspened he isnt costing us a thing....so y give him away for practically nothing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar