Rumor Did Locker really ask for Britt to be benched???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

its like having this awesome car....you drive it for a bit then bam tranny goes out....fix it but for some reason its just never the same, doesn't drive right,always breaking down. then one day it tweets bout how your driving your back up car cuz it runs better and is dependable
    but you feel bad cuz that car was awesome so you try to drive it on a long road trip to reconnect with it then bam your stranded in the desert with no water or food or touchdowns

• High Five High Five x 15
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't see how you can get Jake asks for Kenny to be benched out of him asking for Hunter. I don't doubt that Jake was disappointed with Kenny's drops and lack of concentration/effort but Jake isn't the type of guy to throw anyone under the bus. And even if he did ask for Kenny to be benched, (which I don't believe is the case) Loggains would never let that get out to the press.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Jake may not have asked for KB to be benched, but he certainly tried to kill him.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

“I was like, I have to go deep, I have to run as fast as I can and make sure the DB is nowhere around me when I get the ball,” Hunter recalled. “And I have to jump for it. And hold on tight like a baby.”

-CTFP

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

OMG! Justin Hunter is accusing Jake Locker of throwing babies!

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. Darryl_Licht

Darryl_Licht Special Teams Standout

If it is true, our Offensive captain is becoming a leader!

Either way, if Hunter get more touches than Britt; we will be better off! IMHO

...And maybe Britt will work his arse off in practices! If not, he's gone after this season!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

LOL!!! Talk about twisting words!!! Britt was not playing according to Britt because he was banged up! Locker said he asked for Hunter to be in there because he thought there was a good chance we'd need to size,speed,height, jumping ability of Hunter and we did. NO ONE said anyone asked to bench Britt although I can quite imagine Jefferson or Loggains already decided Britt was not gonna be dropping the game winning TD!!!

Still, Munch said they were rotating guys in and out so they'd be fresh and said nothing about anyone being benched. I think they wouldn't say anything like that for 2 reasons. First, it's embarassing and if they want him to get motivated, publicly embarassing more then he already has been isn't a good idea. And second, if he has ANY trade value, that would kill it.

I was never a huge fan of Britt although he looked very good early in his career and looked like he was proving me wrong. He has all the talent in the world but he needs to become a PROFESSIONAL on and off the field. I think he could put it together perhaps but on another team. A change of scenery could do him some good and a team where nonsense gets you kicked to the curb and he will have to earn everything he gets. Then he will be out of the league wondering what happened or he will learn to be a professional and perhaps the dominant WR he showed flashes of.

Right now, I would look at trading him if there is anything worth getting. If not, he better get his game going or he will start slipping down the depth chart with more playing time going to DWill, Hunter and even Preston!

Gut

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

inactive is what I see we have better players

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I wouldn't go that far yet. He will be 4th on the depth chart but I think we will use 4 WR's. I would say maybe inactive in two weeks depending on his production next week which can only be positive from this week unless he does nothing and gets flagged on every play which is sad to say: entirely possible

10. amy

amy Starter

Who knows? He appears to want to be paid but doesn't want to work for it. Or, he is trying to get traded. Or, he has some emotional upsets that are affecting his play. Or, he's missing his bros in the hood. Or, ............. insert whatever theory you have.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar