Did Bulluck call out Schwartz?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I personally thought the offence was ok against a good Cowboy defence, 155 yard passing by a rook, 72 yards rushing by our RB's and 14 points is not totally bad. Sure we need to score more, but I think that will come as Vince get's more experience.

We do seem a little predictable at times, but this is only Chow's second year AND they're were stuck with a QB who wasn't good enough and one with limited experience, so they're probably tied down a little in that regard.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't see it that way. Year 2, the system should be in place. Modify if necessary. Teams stack 6-8 in box and don't release OLB's. The middle is always covered.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yeah it's year 2, but you have 2 rookie quarterbacks, that will limit you, no matter what. I'm not saying we're great or shouldn't get better, just that it does look to be improving and probably will continue to improve as Vince does.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Year 2 and its been used by 5 different QBs.

5. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

But atleast Keith doesn't get fooled by a fake pump from a wide reciever.....:ha:

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Don't forget that we were playing a rookie QB. Right now this offense needs a QB who can carry the team on his shoulders. And right now Vince isn't quite ready to do that. But I do think you'll see more of him beginning to carry this offense as year goes on. And hopefully next year we'll bring in enough talent (up front especially) that those guys don't have to do it alone.

On another note: Why is LenDale White getting so few carries? He averaged 6 yards a carry in the first half Sunday. We need to start feeding him the ball 15 to 20 times a game. He can be a force. I thought our line blocked better early on Sunday too. They've got to keep it up the whole game though.

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Fisher said tonight that Lendale was going to get more than his share of carries this season. (not exactly, but something along those lines)

The good thing is he made a healthy Henry inactive this week. That is the first step.

I assume when the weather cools down, our running game will heat up.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Again, what he said.

McNair played this scheme also, to no avail. So, does the "rookie quarterback" argument hold water?

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

For 1 year and honestly McNair was more limited by the loss of Mason, than by the system. To this day it amazes me that some people still think the TE's were the primary receivers with McNair, when in fact he just checked down way too often.

Billy Volek never got a chance to show if he could do anything with the offence.

Vince has only had 5 months with this offence (and without a lot of experience running a "pro" offence)

Collins had a 2 week crash course, which by no means is enough, especially when you're already washed up and wasn't even very good to begin with.

Mauck was a 3rd string backup playing QB for the scout team at practice.

10. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

If the scheme being run is unnatural to gifted defensive players like Bulluck then the plan needs to be modified. I think Schwartz's plan is stale and predictable, and I think he is so convinced he is right that he will not modify the scheme for the players he has on defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar