Did anyone see Craig Stevens drop that pass??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

lmao. when Stevens drops it was everyone elses fault. But until now I read quotes saying "he will catch ANYTHING thrown his way!"

Sorry fellas, but your man love for Craig Stevens is nonsensical.

If this were VY most of you would be ripping into the posters making those excuses.

2. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Stevens has dropped 3 or 4 this season. Which is still a lot lower than the WR's have dropped.

But I guess Alex believes no player anywhere should have any drops at all, period.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

We have one of the best TE sets in the league I think. Cook the real receiving threat. Stevens the blocking/receiving Role player And Thompson another blocking and future receiving threat.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Of course players have drops. I'm just making fun of all the people that have touted Stevens as an amazing receiver that catches anything thrown his way!

5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Gronk and Hernandez? I like our TE group, maybe we'd be in the top 5

6. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Good job Cookie, you made an extremely important play at the end. Way to go!

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

TE is the only position I feel confident that we have SET for the next 5 years or so. Proud of all of them.

8. Clark

I think we have a different pair of TEs than gronk and Hernandez.

Gronk is a monster blocker and catching TE
    Hernandez is more of an H-back TE. With a catching roll and moves around a lot.

Cookie is a pure WR type TE. Just a matchup monster.
    Stevens is the solid blocking/receiving TE

The real question? Thompson.... This guy is the closest to Gronk we have. Maybe not now, but the upside is there if we can develope him correctly.

9. Clark

While rewatching this game, Thompson is getting some crushing blocks!

10. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

This is exactly right, there is no way anyone could catch that pass. The db hit stevens arms from the back at the same time the ball hit his arms from the front. Not sure of the scientific terms. but Im pretty sure it had something to do with inertia. force and matter. Not saying its humanely impossible to make that catch, but there's probably not 5 guys in the league that could made it in the circumstance given. So leave Stevens alone, while he's not dynamic, he's been nothing but solid for us since he was drafted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar