Did anyone else catch Bulluck on JFS last night?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

can someone please explain how that is going to work????? REALLY how?? snyder is going to buy half of all FA in the league.

but no seriously...w/o our limited funds seemingly every year, in a free agency where some teams can really throw there money around, how will we sign anybody....OR more importnatly resign people; everyone will be thinking $$$$ and want to test the waters right??

and if you sign a bunch of ppl and they put a cap on than what???

some more questions.

the tag wouldnt be a good choice. if we do have plans to keep him, we should resign him. dont delay a contract a year when dealing with a vet. would KB take a 3 year deal? i can see him playing at a top level for at least 3 more IMO

does jeff actualy asks the questions on 'his' show?? never heard of this show b4

if you look at my last post, i was wondering seemingly the press always tries to talk about the next up and coming guy does the team ask them to do so??? do they work together to keep fans happy??

i would actually like to see his reaction....anybody can put it online would be awesome? my slingbox still isnt working...one day ill actually be able to get a live feed to US TV....f showtime and orbit they suck... my knowledge of the game is really limited to what i find online.

2. aburrow

aburrow Camp Fodder

I wonder if he really will be able to go anywhere else. Everyone thought ray lewis was going to be gone when he was a FA last year, but no one bit and he ended up resigning with the ravens because no one matched the price he wanted.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It is going to be uncapped. The union and the owners aren't even having discussions. An uncapped season benefits the owners rather than the players.

There are so many restrictions in the uncapped year that the owners will actually save money.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's very frustrating to see our best players suffer mistreatment over the years.

The cap debt we had in the beginning of the decade meant we couldn't compete in trying to resign the likes of Jevon, DMase and Rolle. That was frustrating but pretty clear cut.

Steve and Eddie though were not treated with respect and there was no need for it. Steve's contract was prohibitive to him staying but it should never have come to locking him out of the facility.

Eddie didn't want a lot of money and his locker room value alone should have been worth what Dallas paid him for one year.

KB is still playing at a high level and is the emotional and cerebral leader of our team not just the defence. When you have money available you should never let players like that leave.

There are no doubt questions about how long he can continue to play well enough to start simply because of his age but I will be pissed if he's allowed to leave. I don't ever want to see him playing in another teams colours.

Eddie in a Cowboys jersey was just wrong.:irked:

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Bullucks main concern has always been winning, he wants to win, he;s said he gets sick of losing, not being in the playoffs, so Im not sure he wants to be here

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'll start a thread on what an uncapped season does but teams are only allowed to sign the same number of free agents as they lose.

7. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Actually your wrong on this one Childress. We lost Jevon because Eddie didn't want to redo his contract. Eddie was being selfish. Jevon was selfish because he took the Eagles offer which was only slightly higher than the Titans' offer. Here he showed where his loyalties stood.

When it was Eddies turn to get his,there was a complete lack of interest from the league as many believed he was done(which he was). Eddie turned down pretty much the same offer the Titans gave him for the one from Dallas, only to be exposed as washed up. Fisher would have protected him until the day that Eddie decided he wanted to retire. This time it wasn't Eddies greed that got the better of him but his pride.

As far as the Steve situation it was handled very poorly by the Titans no doubt about it, but that was all on Steve and Bus Cook. They wanted to force the Titans hands by not agreeing to redo Steve's contract and in the end they ultimately got what they wanted. Steve wanted out of Tennessee and wanted to keep his money as well.

The only players that the Titans/Oilers really disrespected that I can remember were Warren Moon, Lorenzo Neal and Randal Godfrey. These three along with Mason were the only players to leave and have any sort of success elsewhere. That in itself is a big statement.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I know the general feeling is that Bulluck will likely be gone come 2010, and I will miss him as a Titan, but no more than all the others we kicked out of town. I wouldn't run my business the way Bud has his, but its his team to do what he wants with I guess. When Eddie went to Dallas I was really bothered by that, but the guy was on the decline and that justifies his departure. Keith on the other hand has been a constant force that still ranks supreme over 90% of the linebackers suiting up on Sundays.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]
    Great memory buddy, you made the post of the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar