Dick's Impact

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

I have to admit when Lebeau was let go by Pitt I didn't put too much stock into it. I thought it was a long shot to land the legend considering we were becoming the doormat of the NFL and I thought at the age of 77, what's he got left ? When he landed here and was given the reins to fix the defense I was pumped,shocked, but curious more then anything as to what kind of impact he would actually have. Well here we are 4 days into FA and you can see his marking on recruiting players. I know money is a driving force in this league but all the FA players have said he played a big part in their decision. Well so far I'm convinced and looking forward to him putting the pieces in motion & turning this defense around.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm guessing Lebeau was in on hosting Orakpo while the other honchos were out on pro day tour?
    Does anyone know if he attended LW's day on Weds?

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I doubt he is on the FA trail. I would imagine game planning, coaching the defense, and offering his thoughts on players when asked is the extent of what he wants to do here in Tennessee.

Could be wrong though.

I read a report that the DL coach was the only one to attend LW's pro day. He did, however, personally run him through quite a few drills, apparently.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I'm more pumped for what he brings to the field. I think he had some to do with the signings, but I feel he will be a great teacher for our young guys. Will also help immensely with the game plan.

5. Titan Yapper

Titan Yapper Only ONE Team Matters - TN Titans

Lebeau won with 4 dbs that were bagging groceries before the season. With Cox and McCourty, we should be descent and then add Williams on the line. We may just have a defense.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I do think we're overestimating Labeau's influence here.

Ray Horton is more than competent when it comes to coordinating defenses. He's proven that at multiple stops.

Lebeau's role seems to be more as a consultant.

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

D
    Did you just claim that Ray horton has proven to be a better defensive coordinator than Dick Lebeau?

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  8. Fry

Yes.

By saying Ray Horton has been competent running defenses I REALLY meant that he is better than Dick Labeau.

That's exactly what I said.

FFS.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Are you aware of Lebeau's career? Do you know how many different times he's been the coordinator of defenses that finished #1 in the NFL?

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  10. Fry

Whoosh.

• LOL LOL x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar