Dick LeBeau

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ICBW, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Considering Dick LeBeau won't be around for possibly 3 more years should the Titans get ready to hire someone, or bring someone young in as a positions coach and let Dick mentor him. I prefer the second option but I thought that it would be an interesting topic considering most of the post topics are starting to get recycled.

If we stay in Dick's 3-4 Zone Blitz scheme we're going to need to make sure we find very consistent CBs who very seldom blow assignments and Coverage LBs on our roster with speed to cover average TEs. I think one of our biggest issues is that we are not very fast on defense; whole lot of muscle up front though.

If we move to 4-3 we might be able to put Kevin Dodd or Derrick Morgan back on the line which might help out Jurrell Casey & Orakpo but an inconsistent pass rush could really be a problem. I have strong faith in Kevin Byard but we would really need to have another solid safety next to him.

Regardless of what defense we run in the future I would like to see the Titans pick up a Hybrid Safety / Linebacker. Majority of our secondary is very small though so it would probably have to be through the draft.

Overall thoughts?

• Troll Troll x 1
  2. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

I think they already have him on staff. And his name is Lou Spanos.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

You mean like a Sua Cravens type? Quick, fast, oversized safety but not quite a Linebacker, with some coverage skills?
    I'm all for that idea.

4. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

exacty. Su'a Cravens & Deonne Buchannon are perfect and would help us alot with pass defense

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Titans on 2 tonight was boring, except for Mularkey talking about other teams stacking up and giving max protection to the QB because of our pass rush. He said at times they are putting in an extra lineman. Good plan really, our TE's aren't blocking that well. He goes on to say that because of this our DB's have to stay in coverage longer because we can't get to the QB. On matchups, it appears Cox will be on Landry. Oh boy.

6. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Or Jabrill Peppers from Michigan

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Playmaker. Might not be worth a first yet but hes dynamic.

8. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

If Braxton Miller fell to the 3rd round we should be able to take Jabrill Early second. If the rams end up > 7-9 then possibly late first round.

• Troll Troll x 1
  9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I should clarify I think he'll be a top 16 pick but not sure if hes worth it. not a defined NFL position atm. But definitely dynamic-- something we're really missing on D.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think Jabril is NB or FS in the NFL- if not RB (where he'd be insanely good)

Will be interesting to see what he goes into the draft as. He can play pretty much any/everything. But too small for LB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar