DGB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Prideful, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

@Farcry is the worst poster on here, and that's saying something.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Considering I scouted him thoroughly in college...having watched every game he played twice...his pro day twice, etc. I looked through the link and it's stuff I already know about Mariota.....from COLLEGE!!! So I DO understand. It is you who seems to not get what's going on. You say he's not doing this...I show you tape. You still don't see it and then show me tape which is a bad example of what you think he's not doing. Then you show me college tape of a poor throw saying he's doing that now. I show you NFL tape of the same throw but thrown well and you ignore it.

I can't give you better proof. If you don't wanna watch it, i can't help you. If you don't wanna believe it. I can't help you. But don't ignore proof and say I don't understand. I have analyzed everything you've given me. you have not done the same nor can you and reach the conclusions you reach.

LOL! I don't watch highlights except when posters refuse to believe reality and don't listen to explanations and demand visual proof. Then I'm forced to post a highlight to give proof. Unfortunately, you ignore that.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

3. Farcry

Farcry Rookie

I can't tell because some of the bad habits mentioned in the link as well as the good things you refuse to see...like the Miami,Atlanta, buffalo, indy cleveland,New Orleans ,Carolina, Jacksonville (1st game), interceptions bad throws, Good throws,pass on the run, trying to do too much....it's there and that link was shared to me..amd it made sense. ..so yeah he has potential. .so just like the other rookies...he has to get better. .so I'm in the minority that's ready to crown MM yet

4. Farcry

Farcry Rookie

@Fry don't start man..lol

5. Farcry

Farcry Rookie

@Guy on Acoustic

6. Jevoncurse

Jevoncurse Starter

He is who we thought he was ill crown his arse

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Really? The best you can do is say he has bad habits and throw words at me and hope something sticks? Why do some people always miss the context...?

What good things does he do that I 'refuse to see?'

Name me a starting QB in the NFL who doesn't make bad throws and doesn't throw interceptions? Mariota doesn't make a lot of bad throws and I'd guess about half of his picks aren't his fault. A lot of the picks he DID make are mostly due to being a rookie. And keep in mind, he put together a 91+ qb rating behind the worst performing OL and running game combo in the league. When he has some more experience, a solid OL and a good rushing attack to keep out of so many 3rd and longs...he will be a lot better! And that's saying something!!!

Mariota does try to do too much sometimes...which is what happens when you have no running game and an inconsistent offense because of it and shoddy pass pro ta boot. All QB's in that situation tend to try and force a few more throws down the field and do too much. Mariota has admitted as much a few times.

I still don't get your claim that people are ready to crown him...crown him what? A franchise QB? OUR franchise QB?

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

BTW, what do you think is happening on this play and WHY was it an interception? Let's see what you see...

9. Farcry

Farcry Rookie

Yes you said ...it's too early to crown him as your FQB when he hasn't progressed. .so I'm just saying when I hear people saying he's the only thing the team has offensively and the other rookies get their kings share of the blame when some times ...on the oline first and MM secondly there's so much room for improvement from every one

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Please provide a quote of me saying Mariota hasn't progressed.

I think some people needed to pump their brakes after game one when they thought he'd be a Hall of Fame QB after 1 start or something but now that he has 12 games under his belt, we know what we have....and that is a franchise QB.

The OL has been killing this offense for years and until they fix it, our offense will be sporadic at best.

And Mariota not only takes his share of the blame, he takes on the responsibility of owning MORE than his fair share to protect his teammates. For instance, when Whiz was still coach and we were trying to come back and he threw a pass deep down the sideline to Kendall Wright but it got picked off. Mariota acted like it was his fault and said he had to be smarter with the football. But the reality of it was that he made the throw he was supposed to make but because Hunter ran the wrong route, his defender was able to come back and intercept the ball. If Hunter ran the right route, his defender is nowhere near the play and that ball is completed and the game likely has a different outcome. The ONLY reason we knew what happened was that KW explained the route combo to explain his part. He didn't even know Hunter had run the wrong route.

Another example is DGB in the Jags game getting hit in the hands with a pass he deflects into an INT. Does Mariota get on him? No, he just tells him to catch the next one and then throws that deep skinny post to him. DGB rewards him with a nice catch and run for a TD. Ask Mariota about the INT and he'll say something like he needs to place it better or he could have taken something off it. He always accepts blame even when he doesn't deserve it...and that's great leadership.

When we fix the OL, we'll know if we need a RB or not. WR's running the wrong routes, taking the wrong splits, etc, they deserve blame for that. Just as when Mariota makes a BAD throw or bad decision, he should take blame for that. But most fans don't really know when to blame a QB because if they see a pick, it's on the QB no matter the context.

Mariota has made a lot of progress this year and gotten a lot of necessary experience. Unfortunately, we won't really see his full potential until the OL is fixed and we have a solid run game unless we get a Josh McDaniels type of HC who can make this a truly mismatch offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar