Dexter

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm sure there are many big Dexter fans on here. I, for one, love the show. Before the beginning of the summer, I had only seen season 1... and that was almost three years ago. Now I've finished the first 4 seasons. I'm not sure there's ever been a show I've gotten so hooked on... and there've been a lot of addictive shows (24, Weeds, Breaking Bad, The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc).

I kept hearing that the seasons just keep getting better and that I needed to start back up, so I caught the second season on Netflix stream before they took the show off completely. Then I borrowed season 3 and 4 from a friend. The seasons were definitely getting better IMO and Lithgow's performance in season 4 was incredible. That was my favorite one.

I just have a question about season 5. I've heard from a friend (who loves the show just as much as me) that the 5th season was flat out bad due to horrendous acting and directing.

I just want to gather some opinions from those of you who have seen the 5th season. I'll probably watch it either way, but I'm wondering if I should buy it when it's on sale for like $25 or wait a long time until it's down to like $10-15.

Obviously, no spoilers whatsoever, please.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Season 5 was fraught with preposterous story-lines, laughable scenarios and various instances of horrendous acting. Just like Season 1-4.
    That's Dexter. Season 5 was really no different (and actually significantly less irritating than the English "girlfriend" bit in Season 2).
    I suspect Season 6 will be the same. I'll be there with popcorn.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I hear James Edward Olmos is this years antagonist aka "the other serial killer in town".
    Just about finished watching the complete run of BSG for the first time in a few years.
    Talk about a great ******* show..

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I wouldn't bother buying it. Just watch it on sidereel.com for free!

5. RavensShallBurn

Every site I've ever used for watching TV shows attacks my computer with virus threats, plus the quality was never good. Of course, I'm on my Mac now, but I doubt that'll change that.

I like owning seasons of TV shows that I love. I own the first 7 seasons of 24, all of Seinfeld, all of The Office, all of Breaking Bad, and half of Curb. If 24 and The Office were on stream before I owned all the seasons, I would never have bought all of those, but it's whatever.

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

dexters aight but that dexter actor guy isnt that good of an actor... he has the same akward broken voice in the dodge commercials, he kinda annoying. as long as i get my blood n guts in it dont really matter tho

7. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Love this show one of my faves. only 3 was kinda meh. Rest are great and season 2 still the best IMO.

8. Fry

Michael C. Hall isn't a great actor, but he plays Dexter to a T.

9. Fry

If you're dead set on buying it don't buy it in the store.

Amazon should be your number choice for DVDs. You'll always save at least $5, even having to pay for shipping.
    http://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Season...7GRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314832762&sr=8-1

10. RavensShallBurn

Thanks for the tip, but I'm actually king of buying DVDs and games on sale.

I bought the first four seasons of Dexter for a total of $65 (after tax) and got a $10 Best Buy gift card along with them. I won't buy the 5th season 'till it drops to at least $19.99.

I love Amazon, but Best Buy is a better option many times. You've just got to watch for sales.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar