Dexter McCluster

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by AH3, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH3

AH3 Rookie

What does everyone think of him? I've watched him play a few times and he reminds me of CJ, granted he's running against college defenses. I'm sure he's not as fast as CJ, but his running style and quickness is similar. Do you think he has potential in the NFL?

Note: I'm not saying I want the Titans to get him nor saying he is as good as CJ, just saw some similarities. We certainly have tons of other needs to address before getting another RB.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Just came on here to post the exact same thing. My bud and I are watching games today, and both looked at each other and said this dude is a carbon copy of CJ. Some NFL team will be very lucky to get this guy.

3. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

He's torching the Vols D right now.

He has good speed to get around the edge. I don't think he has that 5th gear like CJ does to outrun NFL DB's, but I think he'll do his part in the NFL.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Yeah I was telling my wife he reminded me of CJ, the way he cuts. The dreads help too.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If he truly is 5'7 and 170lbs, no way can he play RB in the NFL and most likely makes it as a slot receiver, kr/pr but a team could get him some touches as a change of pace back (like a Leon Washington or Darren Sproles).

Plus, I think he's only been a 'rb' for the last 3 or 4 games.

Right now I'd say he's a 3rd rnd pick at best.

Gut

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I can see why everyone looks at him and thinks CJ, but he's a lot smaller than CJ and not as fast. I don't think he projects to be a starting RB in the pros.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If McCluster can show well as a WR in his route running and hands pre-draft he could go sooner than the 3rd round. He is a special talent. Could be a Percy Harvin type player who takes an occasional pitch out of the backfield. After watching him for a couple of games he might not be CJ speed but he is definitely Harvin, DeSean Jackson speed with great open field ability.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I would not draft a 170lb 5'7 guy who runs only a 4.4 before round 3 at the earliest. Percy Harvin is 5'11 and over 200lbs so he can play every down. Can you think of any player who's 5'7 and weighs less than 180lbs who was drafted in rounds 1 or 2?

Gut

9. ONUV

ONUV Starter

undersized but definitely a play maker.

Tennessee's defense is down to the 3rd MLB and a starting safety was out. the starting slb was injured later in the game.

10. AH3

AH3 Rookie

According to wikipedia, Darren Sproles is 5'6" and weighs 181. I don't know when he was drafted, but he is certainly a good player. Also, a lot of people considered us to be ridiculous to draft CJ where we did. So I wouldn't rule it out (especially with Al Davis spending picks- can you say 1- Taylor Mays and 2- Dexter McCluster?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar