Devin Taylor DE from South Carolina

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I would like to get Devin Taylor. Can't teach 6-7 273 with room to grow with 36" arms and wingspan over 87". The coaches wanted to get bigger up front. He put up some of the top agility drills at the combine for DL. 6-7 with 36" arms and a vertical of 35" QBs can't pass over this guy and he can really clog the passing lanes. CBS sports had him projected in the 3rd but now has him in the 5th. Think he goes closer to the end of the 3rd or in the 4th. Too good of measureables not to. Cincinnati was at his pro day and they already have Michael Johnson who is 6-7 as well. He was gotten in the 3rd and got a chance to learn the game and now he is a force on the field for them. I could spend a comp 3rd or a 4th on him and let him play some and learn this year. We need as many pass rushers we can get and also need to start putting some rotational and replacement talent in as well, especially if Morgan hits FA in the season after the upcoming one or if Wimbley does not be more productive. I know a big DT getting doubled to help take some pressure off would help but he is getting paid to be a difference maker. Freeney and Mathis didn't have the big DT taking on doubles but they still got to the QB. They sucked at the run like Wimbley does but at least they got production with sacks and forcing turnovers.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think he has to be a guy to watch as a mid rnd DE if we don't grab one early.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I like Taylor a lot. I watched a lot of USC and to me he was always right under Clowney in terms of talent. I thought for sure he was going to be a late 1st pick when I was watching the USC-Michigan bowl game, and I was surprised to see him grade so poorly.

I'd honestly be fine if he was the only DE we got this draft, I have a lot of confidence in him.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why do you like the worst players? Really, I want to know...... Are you like TitansWillWin2 and just like underdogs...

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Funny thing is, I have never heard of Taylor from USC

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

i think we should get him and make him a TE.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

RB/ long snapper

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I would love us to take a 3rd round flier on a guy like Devin Taylor. The guy has amazing athletic ability and a great motor. His is sloppy in his technique but he would be a great project to groom while we still have Wimbley.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

You almost have to be a S. Carolina guy to know about him. Not bad, just never lived up to potential. He has graded out as a late round guy. Probably a 5 or 6.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

He has a 6th round grade so if we haven't taken a DE at that point he might be worth a pick. That late we are looking for a guy who can compete with Solomon for a roster spot and if he beats Solomon out we have some upgrade.

There are some small school guys that might warrant a alook late in the draft including Armonty Bryant.

If we are looking for a athletic freak why not just draft Corn Washington in the 4th or 5th round. He under performed at Georgia but has the physcial tools you look for in a pass rusher. 4.53 0 (1.60 10 yd), 39 vertical 10'8" broad 36 rep banch. Tied for 1st with Hunt in the 40 among DEs, 2nd to Hunt in the bench, 1st in vertical, 1st in broad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar