Despite multiple supposed first-round grades, McCarron waits

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Pro Football Talk, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

NAILED IT!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm a Bama fan give one example of me over hyping any Bama player for the draft. Even Moseley and Clinton-Dix 2 players that had solid 1st rd grades on every draft card were not hyped here. I never pounded the table that we should take them at 11. They would have been solid players at 11 but were not obvious choices because their workouts were good not great. HCD ran a 4.58 40 and Moseley's workouts were not like Luke Keakly's.

I had a 3rd rd grade on Mccarron not a 1st rd grade. Yes i thought we should have used a 4th rd pick on him and i like him better than Mettenberger. He obviously hurt his cause with the titans and perhaps some other teams.

Have you seen me or any other Bama fan touting Ed Stinson? Good player at Bama but he is a 287 lb run stopper and was drafted about where he deserved.

While i'm not a "blind homer" that i was accused of by another poster and didn't over hype any Bama player i was nothing but respectable to other schools and did not show an emotional bias. I don't lie Florida St and Florida but i have no problem with the titans drafting their guys. I was one of the biggest fans of Kelvin Benjamin on this board. I have been a supporter of auburn players and have no bias there.

I do have a bias against rapist QBs though.

As for Nick Saben not producing good nfl players that is bullcrap. The nfc rookie of the year was Eddie Lacy last year.

So in short you are full of crap.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

RT speaking truth here whether u like it or not.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's easy to throw Eddie Lacy in a guys face, BUT the guy said "His players have rarely panned out in the nfl."

Sounds right to me. besides nobody cares about a fake ass fan's opinion.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Not including the 2014 draft class...

23 of Saban's recruits have been drafted. 3 have become Pro Bowlers.

13 in the first round... 2 Pro Bowlers.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Are we talking about Saben at Alabama or all 3 schools he has coached at? Saben coached Derrick Mason at Mich St so he goes back a while.

If Saben's players are over valued by nfl scouts and GMs that is good for Bama because the main thing kids want is to be drafted high. I knew that Courtney Upshaw would not be a dominant player in the pros because of his height and lack of explosive speed off the edge. He did last until the 2nd rd but perhaps was more of a 3rd or 4th rd prospect.

Saben recruits players that are going to succeed for him not necessarily the nfl. Jimbo Fisher and other coaches do the same thing.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Strictly Saban Bama recruits... but I can tell you that he did not recruit Mason. He only coached him. I am sure if I dug deeper the numbers would not get much better for him.

By the way, how do you not know how to spell your coach's name?

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

fake ass fan

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No bama QB is better than $Cam Newton!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar