Despite multiple supposed first-round grades, McCarron waits

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Pro Football Talk, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You keep coming back, says some things......

2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Murray>Mccarron

i have no idea why we picked a developmental corner/safety instead of a QB in the 4th.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You quoted yourself, but that's my quote. Nice work.

4. RavensShallBurn

Everyone loves Murray - as a 4th or later pick.

We like Murray the same way you like McCarron (later round pick). Can you not understand this?

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

shhhh

we are illiterate

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

All I said and it is as right as rain is wet is that there have been dozens of really good college QBs who did not do anything in the pros. You never can understand that simple fact. It is illustrated for you as clear as day and you think it is something sinister or bizarre that I would think that when all it is, is truth.

Heisman trophy winners and record holding QBs who have done nothing in the pros. Danny Wuerful had a terrific college career and won the Heisman. Simply did not have the tools to be a good nfl player. Can't you understand even that very basic point?

So AFTER you are so dumbfounded and so impressed by Murray's stats and records, records that are cumulative based on playing so many games what is left? A QB with 6-7th rd tools who might be worth as high as a 5th rd pick based on his character and intangibles. Yet you guys fight for him as if he was a sure fire pro bowl player and act like nobody has any right to disagree.

7. RavensShallBurn

I am not arguing against anything you've said about former great college QBs being scrubs in the NFL.

We are talking about Murray, not those scrubs.

I just gave even more reasons to take him this late... I'm not saying "take him because he holds records!" I've given you plenty of reasons in the past, and I'm not going to keep arguing with you about it.

You think Murray is a 7th round/UDFA prospect who is a 3rd stringer at best. If you are right I will be sure to publicly acknowledge that you were right and I was wrong.

But I don't see any risk taking him now.

And as I've said I have no objection to McCarron at this point either. It's about the draft position more than anything. AJ was getting 2nd round hype and I thought that was crazy. 5th round though? Sure, why not? But I very much prefer Murray. I would be disappointed if we passed on him for another QB.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Where did I misquote you? I did no suc thing. You bragged about Murray's sec passing records. YOU did not me.

I then pwned you by mentioning who owned those records before and how meaningless they were.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hey at least Raven has a opinion. Posters like Alex,
    Scarecrow and Gunny don't have the courage to stick their necks out and say who they think would be good or not. They just take sides like the idiots in some 1930s Nuremburg rally. I like these people and I hate these people.

Rolltide is knocking Murray? I'm for Murray! I won't argue the point though because I might be wrong.

Gutless wonders.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

ugh.....

I've kind of led the Murray 'bandwagon' around here......not that I would have expected you to have been able to read that. Nice try though, come again.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar