Despite 4-12 Season, Titans Had a Few Positives

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Lol.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

keep in mind (without flying off the handle)

that LaMont took Lance's job by default
    he didn't "win" it because he had outplayed him & making him expendable

I liked LaMont when he first got here
    i saw something different in him that I hadn't seen in awhile
    he has some talent, otherwise the BEngals wouldn't have drafted him so high. but he also has his faults, otherwise they wouldn't have released him

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

oh you 'hater'. :brow:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Elfin needs to see that

i wonder if i'll get the same response out of her

(it's post #42 EiM)

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Howdy all, I was considering posting a new topic to introduce myself, but opted against it for fear that it too would turn into another LT argument. Say what you will, Lamont is the master at intercepting... topics.
    Thought I'd say g'day to all my brothers from down under (all two of them, I think. Heh), I've been lurking about the forums since late 2004, when I was optimistic that the Packers game would turn our season around. :lol:

Anyway, call me kooky, but I feel that we came out of this 4-12 season with more positives than the previous 5-11 campaign.
    We come off of this year with great rookie experience, we weren't expected to make the playoffs so that feeling of disappointment wasn't as strong, and we aren't faced with the prospect of shedding masses of value players.

We gained KVB in the process for however long that lasts, which shows that the Titans should make less big-money free agent investments (Henry) and make more steals like this, and though Ty Cal absolutely broke my heart with his lack of game this year, it's a moot point when you picked up a damn fine rookie WR trio in the draft.

And, best of all (in my eyes), we've got the third pick in a draft where the top 3 prospects could be considered #1 talent. One more win would've dropped us down significantly, but nope, here we are. Does Bush fall to us? Are Leinart or Young the future? How bout Cutler or the Brick? Some trading down, perhaps?
    I'm more excited for this draft than ever, because we've got little to lose and everything to gain.

Back when I jumped on the Titans bandwagon in 2002, it was easy to be a Tennessee fan. Since things have declined however, enthusiasm has been joined by cautious optimism. Whether next season has us 13-3 or 3-13, it'll be an exciting time to be following the Titans.
    ...Though obviously I'd prefer the former. :brow:

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Only thing good about back to back disappointing seasons was the value seating at the stadium from Thanksgiving onward and the seriously discounted Titans crap anywhere that sell it.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

hey, another Aussie.

soon we will take over this board. :brow:

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Great, Aussie Boy's got reinforcement. Quit trying to throw salt all over Lamont's game. He's part of the best Safety/Linebacker group in the league:kiss:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar