Desmond Trufant or Xavier Rhodes?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Rhodes is a pure athelete. Also in the highlight real he was playing higher caliber teams. guy can straight out cover and best of all TACKLE! Maybe he can show Griff a thing or two.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I agree. I don't understand how people can say trufant is better...

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He's fairly limited to press coverage, his zone play isn't very good, and he hits hard but doesn't mean he's a great tackler. He's a physical guy with really good size and measurements but doesn't seem to fit as well with our scheme as Trufant.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. DaFunkYMonkeY

DaFunkYMonkeY Practice Squad

agree with you 100%

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I would love to have Rhodes, but I am an FSU fan. The guy was a stud in college, and your right about him being a pure athlete. He played both CB and WR in high school, lead his team in receiving and rushing. The guy can catch, making him a threat to throw the ball around.

The real question though... would it be a reach to take him at #10?

6. The Playmaker

Trufant is probably more of a reach than Rhodes right now because Rhodes has a great attribute while Trufant is from solid to good in multiple areas. The only 2 other positions being considered for us is DE and OG. Ansah is a good fit here but he may be gone by the time we pick and who knows with Levitre we may wait until the 2nd or 3rd to address the other OG spot.

For the Titans, I would have to say that Trufant is a better fit. I do like Rhodes but I think there's more risk than some scouts and posters are letting on. I also watched a few FSU games last year (have some friends that are big fans) and he just relies on being more physical a little too much for me. He's pretty limited scheme wise so he has to go to a place that plays man and will allow him to press basically the whole game. If he gets beat then he's probably going to get burnt because his other coverage skills are lacking. He's definitely a talent and probably a top 20 pick but I just think he's more of a risk than Trufant.

With Trufant he improved his game big time over the past year, did really well at the Senior Bowl, and had a better combine than some imagined. He can play man, zone, or even go inside pretty well and stick with his guy. His stats won't wow you but he can shut down a WR just as well as Rhodes imo.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I liked both of them a lot more when I thought they'd be second round picks.

I still like Trufant more than Rhodes though. Rhodes has tighter hips and less awareness of where the ball is in zone.

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

if we trade back i like trufant more but i'm not sure if we'll trade back or not

9. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

I draft Warmack @ 10 and then trade back up to the first to get Trufant. Rhodes is too big to be able to stick with shifty opposition. I really like Trufant. He doesnt need to tackle he just needs to stay in the way until a LB gets there.

10. The Playmaker

A couple draft guys I follow on twitter hyped up Trufant a lot tonight, another chipped in with Rhodes and kind of had a similar discussion like we have had. Tried looking for it but I follow so many of those guys right now I couldn't remember. So this discussion is going on all over the place, one of the guys says he would almost take him over Milliner. I'm not sure I would go that far but he's definitely my guy if we go CB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar