Derrick Mason Signs with the Jets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm happy with who we have.

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

They can have him! I want to pay CJ but I would not give cortland one extra dime. He making about what he is worth.

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I have a feeling it's not about how much he's making. As I said earlier, I think he's not sure his play will make the Titans want him long-term after the season, so he wants to get locked up long-term now.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If that is true, and I'm not saying it aint, then why would the Titans sign a guy long term that is not in their long term plans?

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

They wouldn't. That may be the problem here. Why lie to him and tell him you're interested in re-signing him though?

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

reports are that Titans made offers though?

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I just read a report that said the Titans had received a counter offer from Finnegan's agent and told them (Finny and his agent) they would review it over the weekend and get back to them Monday. This was before he walked! This is getting more strange by the minute.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

on the surface a review over the weekend sounds reasonable

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

These threads are all mixed up

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

yeah convo went from Mason to Finnegan.

We made Mason a feel good offer, you want to play another year we'll allow you to retire gracefully with your original team.

Can't blame him for trying to get a ring with the Jets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar