Depth at Defensive Tackle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I call them busts before we even pick them. How 'bout them apples.

2. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

But Ayers isn't a bust...

at least in my opinion he isn't.

Sure, there are plenty of times I have not agreed with a pick:

Chris Henry
    Pacman
    VY
    SenDerrick Marks
    CHRIS JOHNSON

Those are just to name a few. But at least I give em all a shot before I turn on them.

Ayers has played 1 season and has started since game 1.

Judging from his game logs, it appears he really only was terrible in 2 games, the Pittsburgh game and the 1st Houston game.

http://www.nfl.com/player/akeemayers/2495491/gamelogs

He had 2 sacks but I think he is geared for many more this year. Gray will have an entire offseason with the defense this year. I think Ayers gets turned loose more as a pass rusher this year.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Well, first off, the pro bowl comment was sarcassm. I meant to say that you would have said Ayers was bad if he did anything outside of defensive MVP, basically.

For starters, "invisible", or "mediocre" is not what I am seeing on Ayers. Just "He sucks". So.. I guess he really did turn into a new player overnight, lol. If you told me Ayers would have three good games and be mediocre the rest of the season before the year started, I would say that is on par or better than expectations for any second round pick. You were wrong there.

So.. going off of this post, you got 3/9. Locker, Stingily, and Clayton; and seeing how you picked "nothing" for 6/9, Stingely and Clayton should only be partial credit. I will admit, Locker was pretty accurate, and a pretty unpredicable pick aswell.

Don't get me wrong, I know I didn't do any better, but you aren't the Nostradamus you think you are; or even close for that matter.

PS. I know you aren't entirely wrong on some of those, such as Harper. But if you are going to constantly say how good you are evaluating our picks, I'm just grading by your scale, and vague answers don't cut it.

PPS. Shoutout to TorontoTitanFan, just saw this.

Nice call

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tyler Palko FTW! LOL

DW, IDK your shooting percentage because I simply dont care, but I recall this post of yours very well.

For anyone wondering, Palko went 24/37 for 230-yards with 3 interceptions, 3 fumbles and a 48.3 QB rating that night. Oh and he ran once for -6yards.

Way to go DW.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

But DW is better at evaluating talent than NFL scouts....

riiiigggghhhhtttt

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

In his defense, I'd say there's tons of God awful scouts only in the league because they know someone.

I'm a little like DW, I like to think of myself as being someone who can tell if a guy has it or not also after watching him play a few times, but I wont pretend Ive never been wrong about a guy. For instance, I'm praying Im wrong about Zach Brown.

Lots of guys were down on Jason McCourty his rookie year, but I was ready to give him another year to develop before forming an opinion, now look at him. He was our best defender IMO last year, and is in line to get an extension this summer.

Now that Mouton fella, I've always hated him. Wish the team would just admit they were wrong and move on, same for Amano, and Marks. If you dig deep enough you'll find me hating on those 2 bums from the beginning of their careers..

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Any word on how Leger Douzable is doing? He is suppose to be able to play DT and DE.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pretty sure the Tyler Palko thing was a joke.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

well i always knew that lendale would eat himself out of the league. beat that.

10. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

DW owned again. He's currently in hiding.

Don't worry, he'll be back tooting his own horn in a few days after we forget that he said Campbell, Klug, Ayers and McCarthy were "nothing" and Harper was a good pick.

Nice one on the Palko thing too, BTW. LOL!

What world does this guy live in?

Ayers had 77 tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble. Good year for a rookie OLB. Most OLB's don't even play their first year. We all know the contributions of Klug and McCarthy. Casey a few plays? Nah. Our cornerstone DT for the next 10 years. Not only did he fail completely on last year's class - his predictions were the EXACT opposite of last year's contributions from the rookie class save for Locker "may contribute midseason" who would have thought? Any idiot fan? Probably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar